Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my battery light came on and then went off at idle. Then the battery died about an hour about an hour later...I bought a brand new optima red top. Installed it and the battery light still comes on when cruising. And at idle. Could it be the alternator? Anyone else had this problem?

05 Colorado.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I'll do that. I went with optima cause I've heard there good. But it's got 5 year replacement... but thanks man

·
the guy that always on
3,236 Posts
I have no personal experiance with them and have always heard good things too until recently I guess there are made in Mexico now instead of the USA and the quality control sucks. That's the word anyway. Good luck

(mobile)

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
If the light is coming on while you're driving, it's probably an issue with the alternator.

Heck, it may be something simple like a loose belt or corrosion at the battery terminals. Once you checked the simple stuff, it's time to visit your favorite local auto parts store and have them check the charging system. Most of the auto parts chains store will check your alternator and battery for free while you wait.

If your looking at an AGM battery, check out the Odyssey Extreme Series Battery 75/86 PC-1230DT ($283). Odyssey's are still made in U.S.A and unlike the Optima, the Odyssey will fit in the OEM battery box.

Here's a how to that I created when I replaced my battery.
http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-lighting-electrical/88258-how-battery-replacement.html

Since Optima moved production to Mexico I hear a lot of guys complaining.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Your alternator has died. Mine did the same thing when it died. The battery light came on intermittently one day then stayed on the next day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the crappy AutoGuide.com free app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts