Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’ll try unplugging the TCCM this week and see if the message returns.

As for my stereo I should have clarified what happened. I had to unplug the 4wd buttons, emergency flasher, and traction control button to remove the center trim panel and gain access to the stereo.

I wired up the stereo and was testing everything while the 4wd buttons, emergency flasher, and traction control button was unplugged. The SERV 4wd message displayed but went off after I plugged everything back in. I suspect the message came from unplugging the 4wd buttons because I can’t imagine the flashers or traction control button caused the warning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok I see interesting, well unplugging the switch would likely cause a error code, since that same switch is related to 4wd.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can get an ABS module for the 09 up if you are interested. These aren't from my daily driver so no worries on turnaround. Feel free to do all the experimenting with it you wish. Whenever you are done, I'll provide my VIN for programming to my truck. Hopefully you can disable TPMS. That's all I really ask for this one. I would like DRL's disabled on my 05 but it's at the axle shop right now.

The H3 brake system is not hydroboost, it is all electric. From what I understand, the ABS pump functions as the brake booster by charging an accumulator. The lines are routed different as well so it's not as simple as a drop n swap. The wiring is the same but the plugs are different so that would be another issue. The H3 plug would need to be re-pinned with the 355 wires. Then I'm not sure how the system would cooperate with the truck electronics since there would be a VIN discrepancy.

The front reads correctly so long as I use 09-10 H3 front wheel bearings. Tire size is irrelevant as long as all four are the same.

As for going backwards, I'm pretty sure I would also need to swap to an 07-08 cluster. ABS should be functional again but without the all clear stabilitrak message on the bus, the light would be on and DIC would continue to give an error message. Going to the three channel is a whole lot of work for not much gain. All it would really accomplish is turning off the Stabilitrak error message and light on the cluster.

My truck is a 2011 factory V8 Z71 that has H3 suspension front and rear including the e-locker differentials.

I'll get it mailed out this week.
Sweet! Thanks, exciting

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I can get an ABS module for the 09 up if you are interested. These aren't from my daily driver so no worries on turnaround. Feel free to do all the experimenting with it you wish. Whenever you are done, I'll provide my VIN for programming to my truck. Hopefully you can disable TPMS. That's all I really ask for this one. I would like DRL's disabled on my 05 but it's at the axle shop right now.

The H3 brake system is not hydroboost, it is all electric. From what I understand, the ABS pump functions as the brake booster by charging an accumulator. The lines are routed different as well so it's not as simple as a drop n swap. The wiring is the same but the plugs are different so that would be another issue. The H3 plug would need to be re-pinned with the 355 wires. Then I'm not sure how the system would cooperate with the truck electronics since there would be a VIN discrepancy.

The front reads correctly so long as I use 09-10 H3 front wheel bearings. Tire size is irrelevant as long as all four are the same.

As for going backwards, I'm pretty sure I would also need to swap to an 07-08 cluster. ABS should be functional again but without the all clear stabilitrak message on the bus, the light would be on and DIC would continue to give an error message. Going to the three channel is a whole lot of work for not much gain. All it would really accomplish is turning off the Stabilitrak error message and light on the cluster.

My truck is a 2011 factory V8 Z71 that has H3 suspension front and rear including the e-locker differentials.

I'll get it mailed out this week.
Ok that would be interesting to see.. I only have the 04-08 abs modules.. three to be exact lol.. Never seen a 09, up close.

Ok I didn't no looked like power steering lines went to the H3 unit. Does the module from the 04-08 Colorado look the same as a 09-12? just wondered what would happen if you swapped the electrical portion only?

Ok good to know on the front wheel bearings:) You sound very knowledgeable on the beloved first gen trucks! I am always happy to learn from fellow nation members! Thanks for all this great info!

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok interesting... I wonder if the 09 EBCM case comes apart? easily to see the board, and processor?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So did a little digging the 09 and up Brake control module can be programmed Via SPS, means I can program it! only the 09 and up, perhaps I can find the reluctor code after all. What is the stock rear diff reluctor tooth count? and is there any missing teethe or an even pattern?

·
Registered
74 Posts
09 Colorado - even pattern, 40 teeth, one on the back side of each axle wheel mounting flange
All H3 - even pattern,55 teeth, one inside just behind wheel bearing on each axle shaft

·
Registered
74 Posts
09 up colorado tone ring info from GM
Inside Diameter (IN)1.19
Inside Diameter (MM)30.24
MaterialIron
Outside Diameter (IN)1.97
Outside Diameter (MM)50.02
Thickness (IN)0.52
Thickness (MM)13.30
Tooth Quantity40

All H3 used the same rear axle, info from GM
Inside Diameter (IN)1.52
Inside Diameter (MM)38.52
MaterialSteel Rubber Plastic
New Or RemanufacturedNew
Outside Diameter (IN)2.76
Outside Diameter (MM)70.16
Thickness (IN)0.82
Thickness (MM)20.77
Tooth Quantity55

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
09 Colorado - even pattern, 40 teeth, one on the back side of each axle wheel mounting flange
All H3 - even pattern,55 teeth, one inside just behind wheel bearing on each axle shaft
Sweet you know your stuff!! Just need a 09 plus ebcm to play with!! And maybe my friend can modify my emulator from 58x crank signal to output 40tooth..lol?

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Bcms and 09 brake controller arrived today!
anyone have a pinout for the 09 brake controller? I think it uses the same plug a as the 04-08 just want to make sure my bench setup is correct. Is it the same power ground and class 2, read out as the 2004-2008?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great so it does have can.. interesting likely programmed via can then too? The 04-08 doesn’t have any can.

Now I need a subscription to a 2009 vin to program it with sps and sniff out the unlock sequence:)

anyone have a subscription to share?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Do the connectors totally different then the 04-08. Anyway it happens the be the same as the FPCM connector, repined it and was able to read some trouble codes and the system info. What vin belongs to this ebcm?
Any clue what the can wires go to?? It seems to be read out via class 2, can is not responding, any diagrams for that?

·
Registered
74 Posts
1GCCS19E998147797 is the VIN
E67 ECM has CAN and serial class 2 so CAN must be for ECM/TCM communications. I don't have any other pinouts. Might can find someone who can get that for you on the FB group.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok thanks

·
Member's Technical crew
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Still waiting on someone to provide a subscription or log off programming a ebcm. Might have to buy the minimum 2 year vin for 53 usd to access program info from sps.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts