Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a 2006 Chevy Colorado with the 3.5L and I'm needing to replace the BCM to get the anti-theft illumination light and its code removed. The only problem is that the part number to my original BCM has been discontinued by GM(#15802494). When replacing the BCM does that part have to have the exact same part number, or can it be different? I have searched on eBay and auto salvage yards and have had no luck finding the exact product number.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Hello everyone,

I own a 2006 Chevy Colorado with the 3.5L and I'm needing to replace the BCM to get the anti-theft illumination light and its code removed. The only problem is that the part number to my original BCM has been discontinued by GM(#15802494). When replacing the BCM does that part have to have the exact same part number, or can it be different? I have searched on eBay and auto salvage yards and have had no luck finding the exact product number.
That's a difficult question to answer with any certainty. A search shows that part number 15802494 replaced part numbers 10394234 and 89047319. Whether or not either of those would be backwards compatible is another unknown.

Just curious, what is the DTC set for the anti-theft light? Is it related to the vehicle theft function or the content theft?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a difficult question to answer with any certainty. A search shows that part number 15802494 replaced part numbers 10394234 and 89047319. Whether or not either of those would be backwards compatible is another unknown.

Just curious, what is the DTC set for the anti-theft light? Is it related to the vehicle theft function or the content theft?
B3031 Current / Learn mode will not exit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts