Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys someone pls help me resolve this issue I’ve got a base 04 Canyon nothing special not even power windows and need to know what all vehicles will a bcm interchange off of and will I need to do a bunch of programming when I get the replacement bcm…thanks in advance and below you’ll find the picture of y actual bcm
Finger Gas Machine Electronic component Gadget

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
I don't have the knowledge to determine which BCMs will interchange with yours, but whichever one you get will have to be programmed. If you got one from a donor truck that had the same year and configuration as yours it might work. However, even if it did, the odometer will be off as the memory is stored in the BCM.

The BCM is a pretty rugged and reliable computer. How did it get "burnt up"? The only time I heard of that happening was when someone was trying to do a jump start and reversed the connection at the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I think the problem started when the frame was broke and the truck was losing its ground because the gas hand stopped working and it went into reduced power mode months before it actually burn up at the end the truck was loaned out to a dumb ass who disrespected the truck and myself and dogged it until he finally broke it all the way. You know some people just ain’t worth the powder that it’d take to blow their fkn brains out honestly. But anyways it started blowing fuel pump fuses and then the above mentioned genius took and jammed aluminum foil down in the fuse box under the hood (cause you know when all else fails just cross over the whole damn fuse box at once I’m sure they’ll fix It) Fk it if it fries something it ain’t your truck anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts