Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL I BOUGHT MY COLORADO MAY OF 07 BRAND NEW AND IT SITS TO DAMN HIGH OBVIOUSLY ALTERING THE SUSPENSION IN ANY WAY SCREWS YOU ON YOUR WARRANTY IM ONLY WORRIED BOUT THE ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN.i KNOW DANG WELL IT REALLY DOESNT SCREW ANYTHING UP BUT TRY TO TELL THEM! WHAT MY QUESTION IS IF I LOWER THE FRONT 3" AND THROW 4" BLOCKS IN THE REAR. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG CAN I JUST LOOSE THE BLOCK REAL QUICK AND PLAY IT OFF THAT MY FRONT END IS JUST LOWERED BECAUSE THE FRONT DOESNT MESS WITH ANY OF THE DRIVE TRAIN... OH YEAH HERES A PIC OF MY TRUCK CUZ EVERYONE LIKES PICS!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
the suspension part of your warrantee is gone if you've altered it, BUT, the engine/drivetrain should be under a seperate warrantee. you could always call and ask if you're unsure about it though.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the suspension part of your warrantee is gone if you've altered it, BUT, the engine/drivetrain should be under a seperate warrantee. you could always call and ask if you're unsure about it though.
NO THEY TOLD ME THAT IF I LOWER IT IT CHANGES THE ANGLE AND ALL OTHER KINDS OF HAPPY CRAP

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
NO THEY TOLD ME THAT IF I LOWER IT IT CHANGES THE ANGLE AND ALL OTHER KINDS OF HAPPY CRAP
sure, the angle of the driveshaft in relation to the rest of the truck, but not the pinion angle, which is the most important thing. plus, the pinion angle can be changed like + or - 5 degrees up or down before you would start running into problems. mine is dropped 4 inches in the back and nothing has happened. is that all you're worried about?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I think he's just being precautious about his warranty and wants to make sure that he doesn't loose it. That's why you buy brand new ya know. LOL

I was the same way. I didn't even THINK about touching my truck till after the warranty was up. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure, the angle of the driveshaft in relation to the rest of the truck, but not the pinion angle, which is the most important thing. plus, the pinion angle can be changed like + or - 5 degrees up or down before you would start running into problems. mine is dropped 4 inches in the back and nothing has happened. is that all you're worried about?
IM NOT WORRIED BOUT ANYTHING GOIN WRONG DUE TO LOWERING IT BUT IF IT DOES THE DEALERSHIP WILL DENY HELPING ME WITH THE WARRANTY

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I think he's just being precautious about his warranty and wants to make sure that he doesn't loose it. That's why you buy brand new ya know. LOL

I was the same way. I didn't even THINK about touching my truck till after the warranty was up. Better safe than sorry.
IM NOT WORRIED BOUT ANYTHING GOIN WRONG DUE TO LOWERING IT BUT IF IT DOES THE DEALERSHIP WILL DENY HELPING ME WITH THE WARRANTY
i understand where you both are comming from on this aspect. the way it was explained to me at the dealership was that the vehicle had a seperate warantee for just the drivetrain and that it wouldn't be affected by lowering (or lifting) the vehicle. hell, mine only has 8500 miles on it and i'm in the process of getting all the supplies together to 'bag it, so what warantee? if you are uneasy about doing something which might jepordize the chances of coverage, than make sure you can un-do what you did if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
WELL I BOUGHT MY COLORADO MAY OF 07 BRAND NEW AND IT SITS TO DAMN HIGH OBVIOUSLY ALTERING THE SUSPENSION IN ANY WAY SCREWS YOU ON YOUR WARRANTY IM ONLY WORRIED BOUT THE ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN.i KNOW DANG WELL IT REALLY DOESNT SCREW ANYTHING UP BUT TRY TO TELL THEM! WHAT MY QUESTION IS IF I LOWER THE FRONT 3" AND THROW 4" BLOCKS IN THE REAR. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG CAN I JUST LOOSE THE BLOCK REAL QUICK AND PLAY IT OFF THAT MY FRONT END IS JUST LOWERED BECAUSE THE FRONT DOESNT MESS WITH ANY OF THE DRIVE TRAIN... OH YEAH HERES A PIC OF MY TRUCK CUZ EVERYONE LIKES PICS!

Do us a favor - ditch the caps lock. :355:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Altering your warranty shouldn't cause any problems. They have to prove that your mod caused the problem in order to deny warranty coverage.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
i work for a gm dealer and our rule of thumb is that you can do what you want to it its
your vh just if what you did caused the issue you may/may not have to pay for it
for we may ask that your turn it back to stock to diagnosis
ex. highway vibrtaions- you have 22s on it, put your stocks back on to test if ist tires,suspension,or steering. your cat convert fails but you have your pipes welded in
you just $15.00 to get it rewelded.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
warranty smoorinty...i dropped my truck with 500 miles on it.
there were 27 miles on mine when i dropped it.

j/k it was about 2000, but that's only because my truck was driven up from a dealership in Flordia to Hampton for me which put 1200 miles on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts