Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bed is at least 3/4" off center towards the left side. Is there anything that can be done about this? It bugs the fuck out of me...:ugh:

·
Registered
358 Posts
i have the same problem too....

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
GM's not perfect so it they think the beds postion is in "spec" they may not do anything about it even though its a little crooked. Take it back to the place you bought it from and talk to a service writer thats all you can do. Other than adjusting it yourself.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
GM's not perfect so it they think the beds postion is in "spec" they may not do anything about it even though its a little crooked. Take it back to the place you bought it from and talk to a service writer thats all you can do. Other than adjusting it yourself.
Tried that, they said "it happens, take a walk with me and look at the other trucks on the lot". I did, and 8 out of 11 trucks had crooked beds.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Mine is off-center as well, but it isn't the bed. It has to be the axle. One end MUST be longer than the other.

I had my bed off when we were notching it and when we put it back on, we thought we would just recenter it like everyone on here suggests.

But you can't (at least on mine). If you try to center it up over the axle, then you'll be WAY off from the cab.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is off-center as well, but it isn't the bed. It has to be the axle. One end MUST be longer than the other.

I had my bed off when we were notching it and when we put it back on, we thought we would just recenter it like everyone on here suggests.

But you can't (at least on mine). If you try to center it up over the axle, then you'll be WAY off from the cab.
that must be it. Wonder if a wheel spacer would fix it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am seriously considering taking it to a different dealer, having them move the bed and if the axle is off center, getting a wheel spacer. And calling it a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts