Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with these things? I have quite the amount of noise coming out of mine (after continuously greasing them)...I'm calling Belltech tomorrow to see if I can get them replaced on warranty.

Grr!!!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I was just about to put a thread up asking what kind of mileage people have been getting out of theirs!

I've got about 25K on mine and they were squeaking really bad all winter long? This was the 1st winter I've had them on (put them on last March) so I just chalked it up as it being so cold out and whatnot. I greased them up good one time, but they started doing it again slightly a month later. Then the other day when I was installing my new shocks, I noticed the pass side BJ has a little play in it.....not good.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
hummm this is not good to read about. LOL for how much these damn things cost shouldent be a damn thing go wrong with em. i havent had anything go wrong with mine yet. maybe 5thousand miles on em so far. i need to get under there this weekend when i change my oil and checkem out. and make sure every thing is still tight

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking! At 1st I was like...."Well, I've got quite a few miles on them" but now I'm like....."for the money, these things shouldn't crap out in a fucking year!!" And I paid $230 for mine back then....they're fucking up to $270 something now!!!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking! At 1st I was like...."Well, I've got quite a few miles on them" but now I'm like....."for the money, these things shouldn't crap out in a fucking year!!" And I paid $230 for mine back then....they're fucking up to $270 something now!!!
i think when i ordered mine last november they where 250 or something. dident get them on intell like january i think. LOL

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, these fucking things should definitely last long then they are. Seriously contemplating getting new LC arms and putting stock BJ's back in, then lowering with coils or something.

I'll keep you guys updated once I talk to Belltech tomorrow about it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Yeah, these fucking things should definitely last long then they are. Seriously contemplating getting new LC arms and putting stock BJ's back in, then lowering with coils or something.

I'll keep you guys updated once I talk to Belltech tomorrow about it.
yeah let us know

i dont think i can put the stock ones back on. if so i would have to make a new sway bar mount!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ which is the reason I said I'm thinking of getting new lower control arms.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
oh do they have the sway bar mounts on them? haha i guess so huh. thats a kick in the ass!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I think we're just screwed either way cause I've heard that the LC arms wear out your stock BJ's rather quickly too?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not too sure, but i know i didn't have any balljoint problems with the stockers.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I called a few Belltech suppliers here in Canada and no one seems to have them in stock. I tried calling Belltech directly at the number listed on their site (866-712-8811) and I just get a fast-busy..as if the number is not in service.

One of you guys in the states mind giving the number a call and see if it works for you? If it does then I know I have to find another means of contacting them.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I thought mine were pooched...they were squeeking like crazy...so i had to put my truck on the hoist to take all the load off of them so they would actually take grease. Try that. Mine have been ever since.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ Thanks dude, I'll be sure to try that this afternoon and see if it helps!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
what kind of warrantee do the BJ's have on them? any sort of problem like that with so little time on them might be covered under it. it might just be a bad batch that came out, you never know. i have them on my truck and haven't had any problems with them squeaking yet, but i only have a few thousand miles on them, like 4000 or so.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty sure they have lifetime warranty, no?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts