Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Belltech anti-sway bars?

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  brakenit 
#1 ·
Will they fit the ZQ8.I think they should,but everywhere that sells them says they won't.I need to know if they will or won't.Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
Hellwig will bend custom bars to your specs, so if you really wanted something stiffer that fit the stock ZQ8 mounting points you could go that route. Keep in mind that the swaybar is just 1 part of the suspension though, I don't know how stiff you'd really want to go without going to a higher spring rate. Too stiff a swaybar with the stock flimsy ZQ8 leafs and you'll just end up lifting the inside tire off the ground on a hard turn.

#12 ·
that's what I am worried about with the belltech leafs...I guess we'll find out...

I was under the impression the Belltech leafs were stiffer. :shrug:

edit: MC just installed the Belltech leafs, maybe someone should go ask him how it rides? :eek:nto:

:lmao:

#14 ·
They don't ride stiffer, they're actually a little more giving if anything. But, after I added the drop shocks and a 2" block, everything stiffened right back up...I still think it rides better than when I had the stock leafs/4" block combo though.

#15 ·
you just have bad luck with shipping...maybe you should just start doing will-calls and drive to pick up everything you order...haha
It's tempting. I stopped buying stuff for now, I couldn't remember what I was still waiting on to show up. :lol:

MC, I wonder if the Z85 leafs are stiffer than the ZQ8's? :shrug:

#17 ·
How would someone test them? :D

You might be able to get Belltech's straight from them. I don't know about the stock springs though, probably no good way to get those.

#18 ·
Well then gimme a how-to damnit! It just so happens that a angry brown man left a heavy surprise on my doorstep 20 minutes ago. :lol:

#20 ·
Well, they're bolted together. With my 280lb ass stepping on the pair of Belltechs bolted together they dropped probably 1.5". Leaf springs are progressive though, so determining spring rate this way is kind of pointless. :shrug:

We'll at least be able to get a good idea of which is stiffer though. When I install them in 12-18 months I'll be sure to compare them. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.