Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have used these in conjunction with each other? It wouldn't drop it anymore I'm assuming? Just ride better?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
BellTech coil overs and ball joints here......perfect combo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, belltech drop springs. I'm going to change the front shocks and while I have it apart I was thinking about switching the springs as well

·
Registered
78 Posts
depends on the springs. The pro kit comes with 1" spaces so you can limite the drop to 3". Also, it should ride fine. The ball joints give 2" w/o affecting the suspension. the 1" of drop from the spring will still leave plenty of travel on the shock. How many miles is on your truck and what shock are you going with? I plan on doing the exact setup. Parts are already in the mail.

Rubbing is stickly determined by your wheel offset and tire size

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well the offset isn't so much the issue as it is the wheel wells.........there is not much room for upward travel. GM got it wrong there compared to the S10s.

My S10 for example is rolling on a 5/6.5 drop with 205/75/14 and I almost never rub. Now my Colorado is a ZQ8 rolling on a 3.5/4 drop total with 235/50/17 and I rub more often then the dime; not that often but more then the S10.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Same setup, 2in coils and 2in balljoints on stock tires.

I rode on the bumpstops and had to pound out my wheel wells for clearance. Rode bad because I was on bumpstops but I didn't care, it looked good. If you pull those bumpstops out you'll rub all the time.

Same set up on stock Extreme's, same result.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
This thread ties right into what I'm planning on this summer. I want to go back to a 2/2 or so drop. Since the truck is my daily driver and we've been getting lots of snow in the winter I still need the truck to be driveable all year long.

In the past I've used BellTech 2" drop ProCoils and liked those a lot. But with a couple hundred miles short of 100k I'm thinking I ought to replace the upper and lower ball joints sooner rather than later and if I do that why not use the BellTech ball joints since I'm going to be replacing ball joints anyway?

So is one better than the other for a simple 2" drop? Ball joints versus 2" ProCoils?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same setup, 2in coils and 2in balljoints on stock tires.

I rode on the bumpstops and had to pound out my wheel wells for clearance. Rode bad because I was on bumpstops but I didn't care, it looked good. If you pull those bumpstops out you'll rub all the time.

Same set up on stock Extreme's, same result.

whats the drop in the rear?

·
Banned
637 Posts
So if I have BT Springs and Street Performance Struts basically all the way down and add balljoints and spaced my struts back up to close to factory I should theoretically sit like the pic above right? And if im correct and did a 4" block out back would or should I sit pretty level? Right now with the setup I have with 3" blocks I have a slightly raked stance which doesnt look bad but I would rather sit level.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Running the drop ball joints without springs is bad.
Running springs without ball joints is also bad.

By all means run them in conjunction with each other.
why would running the ball joints with out springs be bad? Should it not ride just like stock, just 2" lower?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts