Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody happen to know the exact components that the belltech 2"/2" lowering kit for 04-07 w/ ZQ8 comes with? The manf. p/n is 1191.Thanks.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both you guys are quick! good lookin out!

:lol:

I have an 06 extreme. Anything else you recommend for a drop or is that nice enough?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
should be good to go...I have 3 inch blocks on the same susp set up and dont mind it at all....2 inch blocks would be perfect I bet

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should be good to go...I have 3 inch blocks on the same susp set up and dont mind it at all....2 inch blocks would be perfect I bet
Does your drop look even all around? Since mine truck looks lower in the front then in the back should I go w/ a 2/3 then a 2/2?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

the truck sits pretty level....the only thing is...its BOUNCY...around my area the roads are really bad and my axle hits the frame a lot. Youll end up having to cut the bumpstops in the rear as well...and DEF a tranny crossmember because your longer than me and would drag more I bet

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

the truck sits pretty level....the only thing is...its BOUNCY...around my area the roads are really bad and my axle hits the frame a lot. Youll end up having to cut the bumpstops in the rear as well...and DEF a tranny crossmember because your longer than me and would drag more I bet
Thats nice. I would like to go lower though if thats the case.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It leveled out my truck, but I have the zq8 wheels and no fenderflars and such...So I dont really know if rubbing would be a bigger issue up front for the xtremes...Im sure RCSB would know, or someone else for sure.

BTW I just noticed my mom holding a beer can up over my hood. HAHA:bang:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
you think the xtreme would look lower b/c of the body moldings?
Yea, For sure...mine pisses me off because the body sits atop of the frame and makes it appear higher than it is...the xtreme will def look lower..due to the extreme body kit that hides the frame and such..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, For sure...mine pisses me off because the body sits atop of the frame and makes it appear higher than it is...the xtreme will def look lower..due to the extreme body kit that hides the frame and such..
How the ride quality?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think you should just stick with the 2/2 drop I was looking at some pictures and I think the fender flares would rub...idk hopefully someone can have some more input on this...but the 3" block in the rear is horrible ride quality haha...just put it this way..people ask me whats wrong with my truck when they ride in it hahaha

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah, ride quality sucks on a ZQ8 with 3" blocks because the axle sits about 1.5" away from the frame on a reg cab and even closer to the frame on an extended/crew cab.

A lot of frame slap, but it sits level that way and looks fucking siiiick!! :cool:

Although, I don't really like the balljoints because of all the bump steer you get. Drives me crazy sometimes. :hulk:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts