Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy crap what a difference! Everyone needs to get one of these wether stock or not. I have a ZQ8 crewcab so it already has a rear sway bar unlike the non ZQ8s but it still has hella body roll. So i swapped in a Belltech front sway bar and WOW what an incredible difference. The truck barely sways at slow city streets and the sway it does have at freeway speeds on hard corners is VERY controllable now unlike before where i used to have to brace myself against my armrest or doorpanel, not anymore!

Thats a 1/4" (.25") thicker difference than stock. It also kinda feels to ride better and less harsh on bumps.

You guys need to hit up Tony and get these installed asap! Here's the pricing info

BELTECH 9900 FRONT/REAR SWAYBARS- $341 SHIPPED
BELLTECH 5421 FRONT SWAYBAR- $157 SHIPPED
BELLTECH 5521 REAR SWAYBAR- $191 SHIPPED

PM NorcalSS. Sorry for the crappy pics, i didn't realize my Iphone 3GS took such crappy pics.

Im also curious as to how it will respond with the rear belltech but im content for now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Re: Just Installed Belltech Front Sway Bar

Looks good dude!

Yeah I def. need to get front and rear swaybars....hope to get a rear one first since my z85 doesn't even have one. Then probably get the rear.

·
microwave
5,085 Posts

I can't see all the pics on my phone. Does this use the stock bolts, holes in frame, and linkage?
Yes it does. At least on my truck it did, easy as hell to install. Well at least the front one is easy, the back one is kind of a pain

Looks good dude!

Yeah I def. need to get front and rear swaybars....hope to get a rear one first since my z85 doesn't even have one. Then probably get the rear.
I have front and rear installed on my z85, made an awesome difference in handling. Really hugs the turns, great investment for our trucks

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Right, it uses the stock end links and stock bracket bolts but the brackets themselves and polyurethane bushings are oversized and thick. Its pretty simple to install, prob take less than an hour with no lift and a 15mm deep socket, 10mm socket, needlenose visegrips to hold the end links from spinning and a ratchet to remove the hardware.

Night and day difference i swear! You all need to put this on the top of your mod list, even on stock suspension this will make a VERY noticeable improvement on our shitty ass body lean especially on Z85 trucks.

I might be getting the rear one soon but for now im really enjoying driving the truck now, my girl doesn't have to reach for the grab handles whenever we're about to turn anymore. And im pretty sure it even stiffened up the front a little, seems to not be as rough over certain bumpy roads near my house.

Oh yea, the stock rear sway bar measures 0.8", Tony just confirmed the Belltech one is 1 inch thick so thats almost a 1/4 inch thicker for the rear also.

·
Nation Affiliate
583 Posts

nice man I just put the same thing on my Truck today and was'nt as easy as you said one bolt broke a ratchet a minimizer socket 3/8 - 1/4 and an easy out so not a short day.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

nice man I just put the same thing on my Truck today and was'nt as easy as you said one bolt broke a ratchet a minimizer socket 3/8 - 1/4 and an easy out so not a short day.
LOL sorry to hear that bro. Not sure where you live but maybe the lack of rust in CA helped me too?

1/4" reducer? What you using 1/4" tools for, you supposed to be using 3/8" bro. Don't ever use a 3/8 to 1/4 reducer on that sorta thing. Also, might be a good idea for you folks to spray down the bolts and nuts with rust penetrant a couple hours before the install or overnight even. Just in case.

I gotta return my stocker to the guy i traded with, that was part of the deal. Why, yours ain't got a sway?

·
Bones
918 Posts

Nope mines long gone, actually when they body dropped it they covered the bolt holes, but I think with a little craftwork I could remake the mounts, my truck NEEDS a sway bar lol...

·
Registered
604 Posts

Just picked up a new 3/8 set, needed a 18mm, it has a 10mm. $10. Funny thing is the set didn't have the 18mm I needed, doh. So had to spend $5 on just the 18mm. Should have "paid" closer attention.

·
Registered
604 Posts

Does anyone know the size of the sway bars on the 09 V8 ZQ8 Sport?

I assume that the sway bar might be thicker? If I had something to measure it with I would.

Always looking for something to stiffen the front end. I am not sure how much longer my arm rest is going to handle my fat ass, lol.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Fuck yeah Tony, your dads truck is gonna be ready for those Frisco curves and corners!

The stock ZQ8 rear sway bar measures approx 0.8" so yea the belltech one is about 1/4" thicker than stock. The front is also 1/4" thicker.

I was also wondering what the V8 sway bars measured. Tony, you got any info on that or if Belltech has any upgrades to the V8s?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

And yeah i remember that write up Nick did on Cfans for endlinks. They are cool in the sense that you can adjust the end link length and yes the thicker bar does cause the nut on the stock link to sit farther out but i don't see any immediate issues.

If mine breaks or something, ill let you guys know but seems ok to me.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

i wish i could afford these, this would probably help with my body roll causing rubbing on, On/exit ramps to the highway

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.