Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rough country lift I want to replace it to be honest its crap I currently have 17 rims with a 4 inch offset wearing 265-70-17 I just don't feel this rough country is doing it job properly and the ride is terrible

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Assuming you mean the torsion bar spacers....

Your next option is a Rancho or Skyjacker lift. Any torsion bar modified lift will result in same ride....It is not possible to lift with torsion bars and have decent quality ride. A little is alright, but near the top limits the ride is junk. Most who have done a TB lift get all excited that it looks good. Then slowly we become tired of being bounced around. Many will just do a proper lift......
I'm just going to get rid of the truck. LOL

I have same size tire. Similar height I'm sure.

To sum it up, new keys. New Torsion bars. Different set of stock keys - at the height you are now, it will still ride identically with any of the items in the summary.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I think you mean 4" backspace...

if your not looking to go bigger in tire size you can try uncranking the TBs some until the ride is nicer then maybe do a body lift

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think you mean 4" backspace...

if your not looking to go bigger in tire size you can try uncranking the TBs some until the ride is nicer then maybe do a body lift
I agree with this, if you're not looking to spend big $$$ on a lift than I would uncrank a bit and do a body lift. If you've got the money than go with a Rancho full suspension kit.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
CST is a sub frame lift kit... 5". they are great but are around $2000 for 4x4 or $1700 if you are a 2wd Z71

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
if you don't want to uncrank and do body lift then your only other option is a sub frame lift kit which is AT LEAST $1300 for just the kit. Sometimes you can find the old style skyjacker on ebay for around $800-$1000

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
CST is a sub frame lift kit... 5". they are great but are around $2000 for 4x4 or $1700 if you are a 2wd Z71
$2000 for torsion, the only person running their spindles on a 2wd z71 is kevin and assuming someone tries that route and can't fab their own upper arms, spacers for the lower ball joints, etc, they will be out more than the $2k for the kit that was actually designed to be used on the truck. And I think with much crank at all he still gets bump steer.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
heres the deal on uncranking the tbs I have off set rims and we tried it and they scrub now whats the deal with CTS
I think this said you uncranked and the tire rubs. Was that recent? If so, you should know that affected the specifications of the alignment. If you don't do a lift soon, you may consider getting an alignment.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Yeah but I think I saw it somewhere for around 1700. Still makes more sense money wise to buy a 4 inch lift

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alignment has been done the for the advice though that could have been a catastrophe ...so OK let's get this right my ride is gonna suck no matter how I do it unless I sink 2k into the truck :/
And the suspension max will not help at all with ride quality cause the rep Ispoke with said it would improve the ride and prevent the wear and tear on important parts but doing the diff. Drop and ball joint eextensions and using there keys

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I don't really know what you said.

But torsion bar lifting results in a more harsh ride, yes. A ball joint spacer and differential spacers is meant to protect parks, not fix ride. Ball joint spacers reduce bind so you don't crack the upper control arm. Differential spacers are intended to maintain half shaft angles so the CV joints don't wear out.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
so OK let's get this right my ride is gonna suck no matter how I do it unless I sink 2k into the truck :/
yes... unless You un crank and body lift(optional) and cut/trim/hammer/remove whatever is rubbing or go with a tire/wheel setup that doesn't rub.

There is a lot involved to lift a front independent torsion bar suspension to keep control arm/tie rod angles correct and suspension working properly for a smooth ride.

I bought a rancho lift kit because I couldn't stand the ride of a 2" torsion bar lift... I was using SMaxx lift keys

lift keys or stock keys.... it doesn't matter, you still lifting the truck by changing the angle of the lower control arm which results in a rough ride

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.