Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. 3.5 i5, Ported throttle body, K&N CAI, ported head, OTTP LTH, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" piping. It's going out into duals. Recommendations? I'm personally not a fan of flowmasters, but they do sound the best on youtube IMO.

What muffler would you go with? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Check my sig for the exhaust media thread. A huge list of exhaust clips for our trucks

·
Registered
220 Posts
With a header installed, and the precat removed it's going to be loud unless you put a very quiet performance muffler on. I put a OTTP header on mine and it was way too loud with a Hooker Aero chamber. I put a dynomax super turbo on, and it's quieter, but sounds like shit (rice), so I have a Cherry bomb Elite to go on as soon as it warms up. I may have to put a small glass pack on before the muffler if I have to to quiet it down, but the Elite is big.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea which Magnaflow muffler is being used on the 3.5 Magnaflow no cats video? Uploaded by i5zq8. Not sure if he's a member...

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Any idea which Magnaflow muffler is being used on the 3.5 Magnaflow no cats video? Uploaded by i5zq8. Not sure if he's a member...
If the info isn't with the clip I don't have it unfortunately :/

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I just ordered a aero turbine, they have 2 versions of it, a fairly loud and a mild one. I see a lot of good things about them but have only heard 1 on YouTube on a 5 cyl and it just replaced the stock with cats still intact. They are supposed to actually create a pull, supposed to be really good on diesels, I will see how it does with mine

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered a aero turbine, they have 2 versions of it, a fairly loud and a mild one. I see a lot of good things about them but have only heard 1 on YouTube on a 5 cyl and it just replaced the stock with cats still intact. They are supposed to actually create a pull, supposed to be really good on diesels, I will see how it does with mine
Just wanted to quote you in case you didn't see my response last night. They are a great muffler though. I've got one on my diesel and it gets better mileage and 2lbs more boost than straight piped.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Just wanted to quote you in case you didn't see my response last night. They are a great muffler though. I've got one on my diesel and it gets better mileage and 2lbs more boost than straight piped.

Would be I treated to see how it helps a 3.5L if it did that to a diesel I was planing to streightpipe my 3.5 this summer as I'm tired of the sound of my glasspack

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would be I treated to see how it helps a 3.5L if it did that to a diesel I was planing to streightpipe my 3.5 this summer as I'm tired of the sound of my glasspack

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think it would sound better on the 3.5 if it is straight piped. I put a highflow cat on to help my low end torque some. It had quite a bit of a drone to it. I have the 3030xl on mine. As far as performance and gas mileage changes, I can't tell you. I completely tore down my motor and did a lot of work to it at the same time I put the muffler on.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I ordered the 2525 I think, it's not the XL so it's supposed to be the louder one, I have no cats it will go on then jump up to 4" pipe right after for about 3ft before it turns out the side. I have had straight pipe for about 2 years and just wanted to tone it down some

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered the 2525 I think, it's not the XL so it's supposed to be the louder one, I have no cats it will go on then jump up to 4" pipe right after for about 3ft before it turns out the side. I have had straight pipe for about 2 years and just wanted to tone it down some
I'd like to hear it when you get it on.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I'll try to get a vid up when it's on, should come in today or tomorrow and maybe have it on by the weekend

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
I'll try to get a vid up when it's on, should come in today or tomorrow and maybe have it on by the weekend
Please do! I'd love to add it to the clips in my thread.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I have a few on YouTube already, a few with flowmaster super 40 then one 4" straight piped and stacked in case anyone else ever does it lol. It's under undead rado on there too

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a few on YouTube already, a few with flowmaster super 40 then one 4" straight piped and stacked in case anyone else ever does it lol. It's under undead rado on there too
Hey man. I watched your take off with 35's. What all have you done to your truck for performance?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts