Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I want to put a tailgate damper on my truck, anybody have experience which is the best?
Don't know if best, I installed DeeZee on my '15' Sierra short bed. Single damper on driver's side of tailgate. DeeZee was running a factory rebate at the time. Hands free, slows decent, no sharp end-of-travel snap on the cables.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I'm not sure there is one for the 1st gens. Let me know if you find one though. Id definitely like to have one too.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Last I checked Dee zee didn't make a kit for the 1st Gen Colorado. I do live near the redline hood strut company. I've thought of contacting them to see about making a kit. I like your custom bracket but I don't have the resources to make one for myself. It's really a shame how short the aftermarket accessories list for the 1st Gen is.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I contacted Redline Tuning and they promptly responded with this "Thank you for your interest in this product. The ezdown line is actually one that we resell... the QuickLIFT line is ours. However, we would still be interested in taking a look at this. We expect to be moved into our new shop near Baker rd. and I-94 sometime late July. If you could contact me then, we will arrange a visit to take a look at what you have and truck."

Anyone else be interested in this as well?

Also rshadd do you mind if I show them your bracket?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Def would be interested.

I contacted Redline Tuning and they promptly responded with this "Thank you for your interest in this product. The ezdown line is actually one that we resell... the QuickLIFT line is ours. However, we would still be interested in taking a look at this. We expect to be moved into our new shop near Baker rd. and I-94 sometime late July. If you could contact me then, we will arrange a visit to take a look at what you have and truck."

Also rshadd do you mind if I show them your bracket?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts

I would be interested for my 2010 GEN1.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I have one of Rich's brackets. Still haven't installed my Deezee and bracket yet. I'm waiting for a carpet bed rug. Otherwise I have to cut the plastic bed liner. I hate to mess with that thing. Might pull it, install the bracket, and get a spray in liner done. I know that the bed is probably scratched to no end from the factory plastic one....

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Just an update to this.
Well I never got back with Redline so never got anywhere with that but i recently came across a pist that mentioned Badland Industries had a kit. It was a pre order and i received it within a month. Here it is
20200714_125447.jpg
20200714_125457.jpg
20200714_104148.jpg

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
2 Phillips head screws. One is in the middle of the latch other is above the hinge. After screws are out tail light just pulls out and off. I removed the bulb sockets from the housing to set the housing aside. Read this thread: Tailgate assist damper bracket:. I kinda of did a how to. I had to reverse my cable on mine which I mentioned there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts