Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Best undercoating?

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  rshadd 
#1 ·
Hello, I was thinking about undercoating my a-arms, rear end, and frame around the fender wheels with a rattle can, I was wondering what is the best brand to use ? Or would the bed liner spray be better?

#4 ·
I took mine to a truck accessory shop who does body protection/rustproofing. Paid $160 to shoot the entire underbody (bumper to bumper...wheel wells included). Probably could've saved some bones doing it myself, but it's ball-shrinking cold outside and I didn't have to get anything messy.

#6 ·
Does undercoating help decrease noise at all?

I've seen advertisements, I think from new car dealers, that claim undercoating brings the noise level down.

Just curious if this was true or not and if it is... is there a particular brand of undercoating that decreases noise better than other brands?

#11 ·
This, along with getting superskidz, is definitely on my to-do list when I get back to the states. Lubed up all the body mounts a few months before I left, and while under the truck I was shocked to see how beat up it was. Guess I'll add another item to my list of "Things 355nation has Helped me With" after reading this thread

#14 ·
Of all the places I'd think you need to do some cleaning before applying some spray-on coating, the underside of a vehicle's right up there.

If you buy something like POR-15 or the 3M stuff, you'll find you're pretty focused on being sure you don't waste it. Surface preparation is the first priority in that direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.