Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new 2007 truck today and it has that radio with the cd/mp3 disc player... most of the time i listen to my ipod. i would like to keep the stock radio and be able to use my ipod with it.. does delphi or anyone like that make an adaptor or something like that, that will allow me to "hardwire" the ipod to it? i would like to stay away from those "tune in" thingys... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
seriosly that price is steep...might as well upgrade haha!! maybe to an avic??

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had the usa spec adaptor, worked like shit, hard to use, i ended up going with one from peripheral electronics, http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/ it is easier to use, so far mine does a great job.
I have the peripheralelectronics box also in my 06 coloardo. Fits perfect right on the right side of the stereo was really easy to install. It charges the ipod and plays decent quality audio out of it. Best of all you don't have to worry about the amp on the ipod messing with how it sounds on your stereo. Also very nice to have the seek buttons change songs without looking at the ipod.

Also note: I just got an iPhone as an early Christmas gift and it works perfectly with it. Use it everyday on my way to work.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went with the peripherale electronics model... it was $135.00 and it took me about an hour to install... it works great! even the artist, playlist, and track info scrolls across the factory screen and you can control the ipod through the stereo or the ipod itself... i would reccomend it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts