Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I read a lot here, and have mostly been able to find answers without making a thread. I searched this one to no avail. I'd like to know what kind of mpg and power loss I could expect out of 235/75/15 BFG A/T KO tires, and how that compares to that of other all terrain tires. I'm currently running 225/75/15 Firestone destination LE's in the front, and the stock Generals of the same size in the back. (I bought my truck used in this tire configuration) My truck is an '06 2WD Z85 2.8 with the stock wheels. If it matters, I have a CAI, and somehow get 28 mpg highway. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The tire is only 2% larger than the currently installed tire. Will not be noticeable and will only read 1.5mph slow at 70.

In the long run, yeah it's probably going to be a loss, but not enough to consider not installing that size if that's what you want. Plus it's going to make your gear ratio ever so slightly higher-it may be a wash by making it more efficient but also a different rolling resistance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I went up a lot in size when I switched to my bfgs so I lost some mpg. You're not going very big so it shouldn't be a big deal. What is your purpose for such an aggressive tread? These tires are excellent in the snow, but I haven't tested them in dirt or mud yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm off road all the time, in dirt and mud, so I wanted something more capable. I know they're not great in mud, but they're better than what I have, and I didn't want the poor mpg or wear of a mud terrain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts