Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned it on the other site, and I think I'm going to give this a try.

What I'm going to do is take the bowtie emblem my dad took off his '07 Silverado tailgate and try to mount it in my Canyon grill shell.

I mounted it real quick to my existing bowtie (gotta love duct tape!) and really liked how it looked. It helped fill up the opening a lot better.

Now my problem is how do I mount it? As I said, this is just a stick on emblem that was on the tailgate. The back of the emblem is kind of "hollow" but it has these ridges that go vertically from one end to the other. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the dremel out and cutting out the outline of my current bowtie and then somehow attaching the bigger one onto the current smaller one.

Anyone have any better ideas??

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Two part epoxy. :doku:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did it.

Before:

After:

Now I need to decide if I want to paint it or not, I'm pretty sure I will though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hmm doesn't look too bad..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the pictures make it look bigger then it really is. One of those "looks better in person" deals.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i like it man.. not sure if u should paint it.. don't think it would look good painted.. i like it as it is

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
i am undecided

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you guys are a lot of help! :dawg: :lol:

I'm in the process of painting it, I'll post some pics when it's done. Silver with a red outline.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
now that might look pretty good...interested in how it will turn out

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me too! :click:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will do, primer is drying, I'll probably try to get a couple coats of silver on tonight.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yea silver will make it look nice. i think the silver trim on it now its making it look bigger.

sure is no doubt on what kinda truck it is :p

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
sure is no doubt on what kinda truck it is :p
no shit

with the way chevy is making their emblems bigger watch the 09 colorado come out with one like that stock

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Should look pretty badass when its done...very very curious. nice job MATT ! :true:. I'm also going to be taking my bowtie of soon. Kinda sick of the way it looks, gunna be goinng for the open faced look.

Ps - did you paint/put anything behind the billet yet?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts