Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has the biggest lift on a 2wd with stock wheels?
I'm wanting to lift my 2wd LS and not wanting new wheels yet and less modification as possible at the moment. something to hold me over in the meantime till I can get new wheels, gears and have a place to do all the work.
just wondering how much I can lift and see pics.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Is it a Z71/Off road or a base model 2wd?

You can lift it the same amount with stock wheels, or without stock wheels. Well sort of, if you are a base model, you'll need new wheels to fit the spindles.
But then again, since you want to keep stock wheels, a spindle lift won't even work.

So basically your base model can use 2" coil spacers and a body lift on top of that if you want more.

Just remember, you can lift to your hearts content with stock wheels otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it's a base model. Im thinking 2" spacers and 1" body lift. just enough lift to get decent stance for now to hold me over. I would love to have like 10" of lift haha but that'll be a while after I get another truck before I go into doing major mods.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Go for it. Your stock tires and wheels are not a limitation for coils and/or body lifting. Zero affect whatsoever.

A 10" is a fabricated truck!
Assuming you want the appropriate size tire too, that sounds like engine and drive train modifications as well.
project project project haha

On topic though.....you can look into suspesionmaxx for the coils and body lift.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
What he said^^^. You could spend the money on some wheel spacers and run a spindle lift, but the coils and body lift will net you about the same gain.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The stock wheels aren't a problem, with a 5"CST spindle, I don't know about the 3" spindle though, the problem is you can't get much bigger of a tire on the narrow high offset 15x6.5" z85 wheels.

My truck had 7.5" of lift, and I still could have added a 3" body lift.
So, to answer your question, 7.5" to 10.5" lift isn't a problem for the stock wheels, it's the tire that's the problem.

Here's a link to a thread with pics of my old truck with 7.5" of suspension lift on stock wheels and tires.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/lifting/55342-cst-question.html#post1659312

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im in the same situation right now. Stock z85 2wd rims with 2.5" coil and 2" shackles.
My idea was to grab some cheap z71 rims to get some 31" tires on them

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i ran 33x12.50r15 on stock wheels, while its not everyones cup of tea, its completely doable with 0 problems. I ran two sets of tires on this setup, daily drove, and offroaded ALOT, never had an issue. that being said, 35x12.50R15 could also be ran, and would actually be better than a 33, since you have more sidewall to play with, i once had one fitted on my stock wheel for shits and giggles just to see how the truck would look with a 35 on it, and i was impressed that the wide 35 fit better on the stock wheel than the 33s i was running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts