Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here pursued getting a billet steel or aluminim flywheel. It looks like the stock one is nodular iron according to the GM Powertrain Division (called them) and that is a form of cast iron. SCTA won't allow you to use a cast iron flywheel racing on the salt at Bonneville. The nodular iron is stronger than the older cast iron flywheels and they might allow it if you can show them it is up to the demands but that is hard to do.

So I'm looking at getting a billet flywheel made and have 3 leads at the moment, 10,000 RPM, Quad 4 Rods and a fellow in Kentucky who makes flywheels for pulling tractors. Anyone dealt with anyone else?

Also is anyone else interested in a billet flywheel for their 4 or 5 (if they are the same). They might be cheaper if someone was making more than one.

I posted a page on my site with pictures of the stock one. Is this the same as what you guys have that have the 5 cylinder?

Here is the link to the page...

Construction of my Bonneville Lakester- page 139

Sumner

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
There was a thread on here with a guy that worked with a company called Paeco. He got his stock flywheel machined/lightened but said they can also make custom flywheels.

Edit: here

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a thread on here with a guy that worked with a company called Paeco. He got his stock flywheel machined/lightened but said they can also make custom flywheels.

Edit: here
Thanks, I talked to John at Quad 4 Rods...

Quad 4 Rods

...and he said he could probably do it. I'm sending my flywheel over tomorrow to him to look at. I'll get back with more info when I have it,

Sumner

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Sweet, sounds good man! Definitely let us know any info you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts