Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Billet Grill WTF!!!!!!! ** UPDATE 29 OCT 07 W/PICS**

Ok I had an interesting thing happen to me this morning.

I pulled up to the badge check point here at work and the post police looked at my badge and said have a nice day sir, and oh by the way your "custom" grill is about to fall out. So of course I'm like BULLSHIT and he says "no really" you can pull over there and try to fix it. So I pull over and get out to find 1 (one) fucking screw is all that's holding my lower billet (chevy grill) in. WTF???? Boy was I hot!!! And unfortunately for me it was the screw in the lower left hand corner that heald it in. So I've not been out to survey the damage as of yet. I'm almost afraid to............

More to follow.........

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Strange, wonder if some jackoff tried to steal it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put thread locker on mine in fear of it doing the same thing. The mount system for them is shitty.
mine is fine so far... i should prolly make sure they are tight one of these days hahahahah
I was thinking the exact same thing
Might be a good idea!!!!!!!!

Well sorry for not posting pics as of yet. I'm at work and can't get to photobucket here. Hell I still haven't even looked at it yet.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whew...............

Well as it looks there isn't going to be any need for pics at all. There doesn't seem to be any real damage at all. But you can bet your sweet ass there will be something different holding both the upper and lower grill on there after I'm done!!! Something along the lines of blots with nyloc nute and lock tite!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well after getting home and taking a better look at it there was damage. I can't get good pics of the damage but there was a HUGE crack on either side of where the bottom loop connects with the cross bar. The hole bottom part damn near fell off!!! But luckily for me I had purchased the chrome grill shell from PRC a while back. So it was off to the garage to hack it up and put in my billet grill. Well here's how she looks now:

P

·
0 Posts
Alright, its finally put to some use. :thumbup: Sorry to hear about the damage.

If it helps, i crashed my truck the other day.:kiki: Nothing major, but yes i am hating myself. :yup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well after getting home and taking a better look at it there was damage. I can't get good pics of the damage but there was a HUGE crack on either side of where the bottom loop connects with the cross bar. The hole bottom part damn near fell off!!! But luckily for me I had purchased the chrome grill shell from PRC a while back. So it was off to the garage to hack it up and put in my billet grill. Well here's how she looks now:

Thank god it looks so much better on your truck than it did on PRC's haha, sorry to hear about the problems though I know I would be pissed, the slightest thing goes wrong with mine and I am like :mav2: :dawg: :mav: But seriously, I think that looks pretty sweet

Alright, its finally put to some use. :thumbup: Sorry to hear about the damage.

If it helps, i crashed my truck the other day.:kiki: Nothing major, but yes i am hating myself. :yup:
Uh excuse me but why did we not hear about this? I told you not to look directly into the chrome :salute:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys!!! I was a little bit leary with all the chrome but after I put in the billet inserts I think it set it off.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
yeah man i love the full chrome look! damn it i want one now!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The truck looks reallll good with the all chrome look..

I just cant get my goddamn mind off of those wheels. :kiki2::dawg:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts