Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally got my steering wheel on! It took me 2 days. The steering wheel was from billet specialties so it came with an adapter that had to be mounted to that wheel! The grant Adapter wouldn't fit the wheel but did fit the spline. My brother in-law is an engineer and works with metal so I had to go over to his shop and Modify the billet specialties adapter so that I could mount it to the grant adapter. So I took about an inch off the billet adapter and drilled three holes in it to line up with the grant adapter holes.... Finally I got the fuckin thing lined up and screw the two adapters together. Then got home took off the wheel and replaced it! Come to find out the spines are a little off so I had to go back to the shop and weld the spline to the grant adapter then screw the billet adapter to the grant adapter then mount the wheel..........It Sucked so bad!!! But I finally have it on and looks GREAT>
Check it out.....>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
looks awesome. Sucks u had so much trouble finding an adapter. wish i would of known you were doin this i woulda gave you the part number i have that worked for me

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
looks (.)(.)'s.

naw hes from IN and when it comes to laws for vehicles there......well he can do what ever he wants to it.

you should see some of the cars and trucks that drive around there :ugh:

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Ah yes, Indiana is a great place for vehicle modifications haha. You can lower a vehicle an inch off the ground and be static and still be legal haha..

Not really, but I think what cops do is try and roll a tennis ball under your car. If it doesn't make it, it's a ticket or something :lol:

Nice work man. Wheel looks good.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
never heard anything about a tennis ball.

but they leave you alone as long as your not driving wrecklessly or they have a "drug" suspiousion (sp?) or some stupid shit like by boy had an 18'' eye brow with 5% on 5% tint on his windshield.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I can just imagine getting into a front end collision and smashing your teeth into that thing... :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah Indiana is pretty cool about all the mod unless you get on a cops bad side! I dont even have illinois plates yet so even if they did have a problem I would just say I am from Illinois...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts