Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm looking to put a set of 24" wheels on my truck (truck will be bagged/bodied soon) and I have been searching online trying to find a nice set of billets. I do like 1 or 2 of the Intros but since I have some time to weigh my options, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a manufacturer that I havent come across yet?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Colorado customs, bonspeed, race line, billet specialties, boze, & budnik are the ones I can think of off hand.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colorado customs, bonspeed, race line, billet specialties, boze, & budnik are the ones I can think of off hand.
Thanks! I have now added 2 of the Raceline wheels to my short list. Someone else had mentioned US Mags, they make a couple nice wheels also.

Keep em comin' ;)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
billet wheels suck.

do you ever plan on driving your truck? you will bend a wheel in less then a week. id put money on that.

every truck out there has stupid billets on it, do something different. bagged, bodied on 24s, thats different, i think there is only a few of us that can claim that.

ill never own billets again. suck to polish, bend easy, you go some where and those big dollar wheels you bought are on 7 other vehicles.

·
Registered
648 Posts
billet wheels suck.

do you ever plan on driving your truck? you will bend a wheel in less then a week. id put money on that.

every truck out there has stupid billets on it, do something different. bagged, bodied on 24s, thats different, i think there is only a few of us that can claim that.

ill never own billets again. suck to polish, bend easy, you go some where and those big dollar wheels you bought are on 7 other vehicles.

They may be on a lot of vehicles near you. Here in my neck of the woods there's not a lot of people running billets. You are correct about them getting bent real easy. But most people are not putting them on there daily drivers. I'm in the waiting game to receive mine. I've put less than 2000 miles in 2 years on my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I had 18" billet wheels (Budnik Switchblades) on a 93 Silverado with a 4/6 drop when I was in highschool and never bent a wheel. And I delivered pizza for Dominos in the truck for over a year. If your careful you can drive them without bending them. They were a bitch to keep nice driving that much though. Lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is the exact wheel I was referring to above! I really like it. Very similar to the Intro Twisted 6 that rshadd posted which I also like.

In regards to the strength of billets in general, I really hope I wont bend a wheel that fast. I havent driven my truck much at all in the past few years simply bcuz it is not fun to drive slammed static on a 30 profile tire. When its bagged, I would like to be able to drive it but of course no roads are perfect. I have a bagged Infiniti sedan with stretched tires on 20's and it does get a bit annoying constantly looking down road for bumps/potholes etc.. Ahh the joys of low life. LOL

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
they wouldn't last a week where i live, bent wheels blown out tires and
busted suspension parts to say the least.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is the exact wheel I was referring to above! I really like it. Very similar to the Intro Twisted 6 that rshadd posted which I also like.

In regards to the strength of billets in general, I really hope I wont bend a wheel that fast. I havent driven my truck much at all in the past few years simply bcuz it is not fun to drive slammed static on a 30 profile tire. When its bagged, I would like to be able to drive it but of course no roads are perfect. I have a bagged Infiniti sedan with stretched tires on 20's and it does get a bit annoying constantly looking down road for bumps/potholes etc.. Ahh the joys of low life. LOL

Yeah potholes suck. I've got friends who drive there trucks with billets everyday. Like you said always paying attention to road conditions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
To the OP. Unless you have a v8 in your truck. if you run anything higher than 20's you'll blow your motor trying to turn those big size of wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
To the OP. Unless you have a v8 in your truck. if you run anything higher than 20's you'll blow your motor trying to turn those big size of wheels and tires.
Serious? Do you have any real idea what you are saying? How many guys on this forum are running 33" & 35" tires. I had 33x12.50's on 20x9 BMF wheels, I can guarantee you that the sheer weight of a 33" tall M/T and 20" cast aluminum wheel along with the added strain from the larger diameter tire is much worse than a 24" billet wheel and low profile tire. My wheels weighed 42lbs and the tires were like 65lbs each, so I was over 100lbs per corner, and I never blew a motor or transmission in 50,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts