Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

bk2life ORADO

53116 Views 496 Replies 119 Participants Last post by  bk2life
here is how my truck looked.

and now its time for a change.

will be fully shaved, bagged, and sheetmetal bed floor/sides etc.

also in the process of doing the interior. painted parts and custom box/amp rack.

will post more pics as i go.
421 - 440 of 497 Posts
20s look too small on these big fender-well'd trucks...[/IMG]

getting closer..
See less See more
hell yea man looking SICK!!!
Holy hell! So bad ass
Very nice build! I can't believe I haven't been watching it....
Very nice build! I can't believe I haven't been watching it....
which one? this is the 3rd time rebuilding this truck. first post was 05-03-2009
I just realized you were back, I thought you were in trashcanistan until early spring.

Looks good as usual :thumbup:
Since there is more than ample room available I have decided to make my own header as I’m not really interested in gains in hp or tq, I'm going more for looks and making it fit my wheels/tires/firewall/new chassis set up..

Jegs.com has a u-weld it 1 ½ sbc full header kit for 89.99, with all the piping and bends it should be no problem to cut it up and use what I need to make a header.

I’ll make the flange out of 1/4 inch plate and attach it to the head with studs. The exhaust bolts that held the factory manifold on were pretty nasty looking and needing replaced anyways..

Ordered Russell aluminum fittings and blue hose for relocating the fuel tank to the rear as well, will see when they get here..

As always, pics to follow

Attachments

See less See more
Its looking pretty good man.
thanks.

i used the s10 front suspension, but i think i am going to make a new front suspension int he coming months to make it more the way i want it. smoother, nicer looking, more custom looking. time will tell..

only 37 more days to wcn..

Ford 9" rear getting set up for its new suspension..will be running 4.11 or 4.56 gearing..
See less See more
Do you have a water jet to cut that flange?
Do you have a water jet to cut that flange?
i have access to water and laser, but for this one i will cut it with my plasma and die grind it to where i need it to be.

the flange can be a rectangle with only the bolt holes and exhaust openings cut into it. the cylinder head mounting surface is totally flat/machined and doesn't need to be anything fancy like the header guys are making.
needed a pick-me-up today... so i put some parts 'together'..

Attachments

See less See more
needed a pick-me-up today... so i put some parts 'together'..
Still on process and its already a beauty. nice job Man
Your truck looks sick.
That needs to be bigger, nice job man. :thumbup:

See less See more

Here are a few pics of goodies..
Some random bracketry for my 4-link, and the necessary fuel line and fittings to move my stock tank to the rear of my truck safely..
See less See more

And here are some random bends to make my i5 header..
See less See more
not ready for paint yet... still hacking and welding.. adding shock mounts and battery trays, then paint

Attachments

See less See more
wow looking good.
421 - 440 of 497 Posts