Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told I should start a build log. So, here goes. This is gonna go back 3 years. I unfortunately don't have the original picture of me driving it home or the day I got it. I thought I did. Anyway, here goes...

This is a month after getting it. I had added ReadyLift torsion keys and American Racing Dominator 20x10's on 32" Nitto Terra Grapplers. The Dominator's had to be milled out on the back to compensate for the hub of a Colorado. They were a bitch to get done, as no one wanted to do it. I, also, had them powdercoated because they were the Teflon version and had been scratched to hell. Total for wheels was $250. Not too bad, because I got them free for trading some Panther rims that came with my old Tahoe. So, I wasn't out any money except for the tires.

One of the first things I did was paint the chrome handles satin black...

New Stereo. Pioneer AVH-4000DVD(?)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Blue on Black...

I decided I wanted some bass in my truck.

Which didn't last long, cause I wasn't getting enough low end. I'm a basshead, what can I say?!

So, I cut my bed and cab for a blowthrough...(ha ha ha) It was the next logical step!!! I went with a RF T1D4 15" and an Alpine 1000D amp.

My truck got a little Cali lean after the subs went in. By this time, I had stepped up to 2 RF T1 15's and an RF 1500bd

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Next up was wheels getting painted...

All masked up

Finished

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And then....

I painted interior parts.

I had also installed RF T1 6.5" comps in all the doors.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Like I said, I'm a basshead, but I also LOVE crystal clear highs at a high volumes. So, I installed some 3 1/2" comps, I had laying around, into the a-pillars.

Quickly after that I installed some RF T1 5.25" comps in there, but I can't find the pic for that. I'm still looking. If I find them, I will edit this.

After that, I went to two RF T1 4" coaxials in each pillar. IT WAS LOUD AND PERFECT!

I covered them in Herculiner. (horribly covered them, I might add)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Had a nice little fender bender in the midst of all this.

Dude squatted in front of me and I nailed him. Bastard!!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

How it sat for awhile.

Then I got my Surco Safari Roof rack and added some Westin side steps.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Also, mounted my Hella 500's on the rack, but also can't find that pic. I fabricated light adapters out of flat steel bar. I got tired of the wind noise and mounted them on the front bumper!

I hated the feet on the rack. So, I just mounted them directly to the rails with some drilling and a little longer bolts.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Other than the wheels, that looks great!

Show us a pic of the whole truck how it is now if ya dont mind.
Don't worry, the wheels and tires have been changed since.

Truck is looking good. Like the accent on the wheels.
Thanks man. It was surprising how much people loved that small amount of blue on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

And then....

It was time to upgrade the alternator to a Mechman 270A, which was a BITCH to do!! Luckily, I had some great how-to's on here!

Mechman on the left, stock on right.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

And theeeeennnn.....

I decided to add more Dynamat, Luxury Liner Pro, and other sound deadening.

Two layers of Dynamat Xtreme on the roof.

Ripped the carpet and seats out to do the floor. (You can see where I decided to mount the 5.25's in the doors, too.)

Two layers on the floor.

You can also see the four Sundown Audio SA-10's I had just installed earlier that week. Please excuse the wiring. Also, back wall has 3-4 layers of Dynamat.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Annnddd THEEEENNNN....

Christmas came early. I decided to change up my stereo a couple months ago. I upgraded all my highs to RE Audio XXX's and added a RF 3Sixty.3.

The difference between the XXX's and the RF T1 6.5's.
The XXX is on the left and T1 on the right.

The front doors for now. I've got to start fiberglassing for the second set in the front doors.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

At lastly, but certainly not least. I went and got new wheels a couple weeks ago.

Last pic of my old wheels and tires after a small camping trip.

Ultra Rogue 175's

On the truck with Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70 17's.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

BUT, I don't like chrome and decided to Plasti-dip my wheels and now, I LOVE THEM!!!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

As of last thursday, I got a smaller sub setup. I was tired of not having any bed space. So, I scaled down to two Sundown Audio SA-8's and LOVE THEM! Much smaller box and it still pounds. The area to the left is for my Optima yellow top battery.

I'll get an installed pic soon. They're in and I couldn't be happier! I went from a box that was probably close to 6cubes down to 1.5cubes.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Last week, I ordered some Trail Gear rock sliders. I can't wait for those to go on. They should be here this Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

And that's where she stands now. I'll keep ya'll informed of newer stuff I add or do. I've got a couple of ideas up my sleeve. I just gotta get the money set back.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.