Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the best way to wash my black truck and not have a ton of water spots.

i dry the truck with microfiber cloths and still get them.

some people at work said to use some eagle one wipe and wash shit

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Have the truck sitting in the shade before you wash it, if you can keep it out of the sun for an hour or more it will make it easier, keeping the metal cool.

If you can wash it in the shade, even better.

Dry it and you should be able to avoid a majority of the water spots since the paint will be cool enough not to evaporate the water while it is sitting on the paint.

If you run a full waxing "system" over it once you are done washing it, that will help get rid of the water spots as well.

·
The Butcher
322 Posts
good question i have the same problem i figured i had hard water so i got a water softener and it didnt help so 7 years later im still hand drying it..love to find out a solution also...

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
What Boyd said, the key is to keep the paint cool so that it doesn't dry as fast. You have to be quick on the drying process, use a shammy or two towels when drying, one to knock the water off and the other to dry.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
ya, washing in the summer sucks, but like they said, if you can get in the shade so the water doesn't dry so fast on the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts