Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering what kind of paint is everyone using to black out their bow ties?

Let me know what you use and where u got it?

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Manards :kiki:

Mr. Jones, be classy and strip the back of the emblem and paint the back gloss black.

Krylon makes paint specificly for plastic at your local home depo or whereverthefuck.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good lord!

Was it still wet in that pic?

Thats blochier than my corner guards...
it might have been... or it's because of the camera app with the hdr filter. it turned out pretty smooth, my uncle who has done paint for the past 37 years said it looked good :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
.... unless he was just feeding me a line of shit.

·
Nation Citizen
3,022 Posts
I used krylon fusion gloss black, scraped the foil off the back and then sprayed the whole thing a few coats. then with krylon fusion clear coat. sprayed the front for some added protection. I think it looks good but I also think it would look better if I buff out the orange peel the clear coat left...one day I'll get to that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used Plasti Dip on the grill and bowtie to see how it would look (truck came with an OEM chrome grill). I later returned the grill to chrome, but left the bowtie black.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm doing mine at this moment.
I just got some Fusion paint in gloss black.
I'm waiting for the 2nd coat to dry now..

Been meaning to do this for years.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I used Plasti Dip on the grill and bowtie to see how it would look (truck came with an OEM chrome grill). I later returned the grill to chrome, but left the bowtie black.

believe it or not i like the whole chrome.................sorry:backtotopic:

·
The Butcher
322 Posts
i used krylon for plastics black gloss. Just a quick scuff then 3 coats, 6 months later still looks the same

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
30 minutes more drying time and it'll be ready to reinstall.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.