Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked this site over many times and have yet to find a thread covering this, so please excuse me if I missed one.

I cannot turn the temperature control dial all the way hot. I went into the dash and unhooked the cable behind it and the dial works fine. I checked that the cable was correctly hooked in the controllers. I followed the cable around under the passenger air bag and checked it from bends, no luck. I also checked the gears on the box that the cable hooks to and there all there. It just won’t turn all the way. I cannot manually move the lever on the box all the way ether. Any ideas?

·
MTS Crew!
4,934 Posts
Thats the same way mine it is wont go all the way to the end of the red but where it stops it blows hot as fuck so that is good enough for me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea mine wont blow very hot, just luke warm. Currently not a huge problem but soon it will be.

·
Registered
91 Posts
same here. if it got any hotter my truck might catch fire in the mornings.

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,872 Posts
Mine gets stuck there also but blows hot. Could his thermostat be stuck open or something? Take a look at the temp gauge on the dash, once the engine warms up, how high does it get?

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
make sure the door is not hitting something,

i had the same problem replaced the tstat then took the radio and all out and glove box and found out where i mounted my door chime it was not letting the flapper open all the way

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my temp never gets over half the gauge high. I checked for things blocking the door by removing the radio and still have the issue. I can see the levers that control it and nothing is binding or blocking them, they just wont move very far. Other than the electronic fan under the hood and the radio, (electrically speaking) everything is stock.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
mine used to do that every now and then but it was always from stereo wiring getting caught in the cable, if it won't move when u pulled it out im not sure

·
Registered
127 Posts
My temp control doesn't turn all the way either. As others have said tho, it blows very hot where it stops

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I would agree and gladly leave it if it was warm enough but as it sits its about the same as someone's hot breath. I'm thinking I'll pull the blower and try and see if my hand can make it to the door and see whats blocking it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i would also remove the radio bezel and check the cable out thats hooked up to the control head. they clip in and sometime the clips pop out which makes it spring back

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
mine used to do that every now and then but it was always from stereo wiring getting caught in the cable, if it won't move when u pulled it out im not sure
This^^^^^

and mine has never turned all the way to the end of the red in any of the three ive had.

Still works great tho.

·
Registered
330 Posts
mine is the same way. but not sure if it blows hot ur not since it isnt really that cold where i live, so i havent had to use the heater yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts