Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my blinkers work fine. But, the audible click in the cab no longer clicks... Not a deal breaker but I would like it to click again so I can know my blinker is on... Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory. Had aftermarket about 5 yrs ago for about 2 weeks and had issues so I pulled it out. All other chimes and tones work fine.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Not sure, but I don't believe the blinker sound is done through the OBDII data bus --> radio (as the headlight ON and door OPEN chimes are).

Others here have had the instrument cluster out, they'll probably know.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
The BCM controls the turn signal indicator lights over the Serial Data Bus. The flasher that turns the signal lights ON/OFF is located in the BCM, but the "clicker" is in the instrument cluster. It is probably mounted on the logic board. Haven't yet found out how the clicker is powered/controlled.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Luck you! I wish mine would just die like that, the clicking drives me nuts, always has regardless of the vehicle. At least now thanks to Supermod's pic, I know what to go after. :naughty:

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, my blinkers work fine. But, the audible click in the cab no longer clicks... Not a deal breaker but I would like it to click again so I can know my blinker is on... Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, I just bought my 2005 colorado, and I have the same problem, after searching the forum, it looks like there is a small speaker on the back of the instrument panel that has gone bad.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The turn signal sound comes from a speaker that is soldered to the back of the instrument cluster. To replace it you have to find one from another cluster as this part is not available as a single unit. If you want a softer sound one from a Pontiac G6 will work with some modification .
speaker.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go to "Account Details" under your name at the top of the page, then click on "Update Settings" on the left of the page. At the very bottom, look for "Software Verification" and uncheck that box if it is checked. Then log out and log back in. That should solve the problem.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts