Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey florida people, i'll be tuning at the florida meet on july 21st. It will be first come first serve and I plan on rolling in around 10am (which i believe is the "start time" if different please let me know and thats when i'll show up) so first to approach me with money and a colorado/canyon will be first tuned.

Any questions about tuning can be asked here, but I can assure all new potential customers I do a great job, with NO ill effects or problems afterwards, i've done over 20 trucks now so it's not like i've only done it twice ;). Also re-tuning/adjustments are free after the initial charge so if later down the road you get rims/tires that are larger or want something tweaked we will arrange a meeting and I will make the adjustments free of charge.

Prices are set as follows:

$60 for 04-05 I5's

$130 for 04-07 I4's, 06-07 I5's
(reason for the price jump is the $100 in credits needed to unlock your truck for tuning)

Please post up so I can get a feel for the number of people I will be tuning because last time I remember I bled my battery dry because some people decided at the meet and if that will be the case i'll bring a method of charging.

:salute: :355:

CYA THERE!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea, bring the charger just in case, I'll be one of those decide at the meet guys. I'm about 75% sure I want this done cause for the price, you can't beat it. The other 25% of me says it's been too good of a truck to start messin with it now and if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

I'd like to get some first hand testimonial, maybe a ride and like you said, I can watch you and have you explain what it is you're doing. Thanks man.....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro, the tuning will not cause ANY problems... trust me.

But like I said i'll take anyone for a ride so they can get a sample :lol:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am down Zach...just gotta somehow sneak $60 bones out of the account without the Fiance noticing...:ugh:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Cool.... Would it need retuned if I decide to get an intake and exhaust at some point? How about if it was just a muffler? Some of these cat back prices are out of hand....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool.... Would it need retuned if I decide to get an intake and exhaust at some point? How about if it was just a muffler? Some of these cat back prices are out of hand....

You wouldnt need re-tuned for intake/exhaust... all you'd need to do is remove the battery cable and re-set the computer so it'll relearn the new airflows quicker.

and Jhammond, possible $50 if I can get 4 04-05's guarauntee'd ;)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well skizzo is considering it as well... so that'd be 3 if all of you three go through with it. I think his buddy CJ has 20's on his truck now so maybe he could be convinced to get an adjustment as well ;).

IF anyone wants to double check their speedometers after adjustments we can go out with my GPS and confirm ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
ill be there with the money and mine an '05 I5.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Highly recommended for sure. I noticed the torque management delete most on my 5 speed. really felt lik ethe truck was finnaly giving it all to me when I ran it at WOT. That alone was worth it IMO.

Just thought I'd add a little testamonial for y'all that are considering getting tuned.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Highly recommended for sure. I noticed the torque management delete most on my 5 speed. really felt lik ethe truck was finnaly giving it all to me when I ran it at WOT. That alone was worth it IMO.

Just thought I'd add a little testamonial for y'all that are considering getting tuned.
thats really good to hear since i have a 5-speed... and another good thing about this tune... is i will get to semi-test it out 4 days later at the track!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well there we have it!

$50 will be the price! I'll be sure to have my charger with me so i'll have enough battery power for the whole crew.

Anyone with an 06-07 is still welcome to get tuned... i'll just need advanced notice for me to be able to take care of your truck.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks man I really appreciate the constant props you give me for tuning your truck at the last meet. :355group:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you removing all of the torque management or just adjusting shift points and converter lock up?
Zeroing it out and adjusting shift points if requested... i've found zeroing it to be the most effective and i've had it removed since 25k miles and i'm coming up on 85k soon with no drivetrain issues.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far i've got:

JosueZQ8
Skizzo
JHammond53
chris807
Connie (possibly)

Chevy did we ever re-tune you for the 22's? ;) Free re-tunes and lemme know if you've got anything you'd like adjusted while i'm there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts