Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to recommend leaving the Traction Control engaged, especially in icy road conditions. A couple of days ago I was driving down a country road when I hit ice on my first bridge. My 2017 Canyon sled to the left, but just as quickly corrected to straighten out. TC saved us that day!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Welcome to the Nation! I have also had it work against me when trying to get out into traffic. I lost traction while accelerating into traffic and it retarded (not sure if right word) the engine which allowed the traffic to get on top of me, pissing off the other drivers. If it wasn't on, I could have just feathered the accelerator and recovered.

Sliding to the left? Are you sure that 'Stability Control' didn't kick in instead of 'Traction Control'?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Nation! I have also had it work against me when trying to get out into traffic. I lost traction while accelerating into traffic and it retarded (not sure if right word) the engine which allowed the traffic to get on top of me, pissing off the other drivers. If it wasn't on, I could have just feathered the accelerator and recovered.

Sliding to the left? Are you sure that 'Stability Control' didn't kick in instead of 'Traction Control'?
Don’t know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts