Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max tire size i can run with a 3" body lift? what size can i run with the body lift and tb crank? I have an 04 Crewcab with the offroad package 4x4

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I know 33" will fit. 34" should fit also.

Keep in mind that switching from the 31" to the 33" or 34" has a drastic effect on acceleration.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
:yeahthat:

But you could always fix the acceleration problem with a tune.

when i put 33s on mine it had a hard time accelerating but after the tune it seems to do much better.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
:yeahthat:

But you could always fix the acceleration problem with a tune.

when i put 33s on mine it had a hard time accelerating but after the tune it seems to do much better.

I have a tune. :p Not super happy with it but it did make a difference in the acceleration. Still very noticeable to me though.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I have a tune. :p Not super happy with it but it did make a difference in the acceleration. Still very noticeable to me though.
you got the PCM for less tune tho. I heard some pretty bad things about them.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
you got the PCM for less tune tho. I heard some pretty bad things about them.

Old thread - I know I know.

I wrote most of those bad things about them based off of conversations I had with other people and my own experience.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll add to the knowledge here.

31's are as big as you can go without cutting stuff up. Trust me.
We went 32's and we had to cut the inner fenders or you got some rubbing when turning.
Still rubs when pulling in the driveway after messaging with a hammer. But doesn't rub when driving around. And yes, the big tires suck power and gas. Went from 20ish mpg down to 17ish. They look good though.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
A tune will help partially, however you got to get your engine and gearing synched to where it performs the bestwith the least amount of rpm, it's a fine balance that gearing will help you acheive easier. A cam can help make power at different rpm ranges. However I have yet to see an aftermarket cam for our engine.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I'm running 33x12.50s on plain steelies on my truck. I did do some trimming on mine but that was before I did my TB and shackle kit and I was running a 33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB. Now I trimmed so that my suspension could flex a good bit without getting in the plastic. So alot of it has to do with wheel choices and backspacing and offsets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts