Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went muddin this weekend and it's been rainin alot. This pond we go through was deeper than usual. Water came into my truck and I thought my engine was goin to get hydro-logged.

My question is if I get a body-lift, will my engine be higher? I know it doesn't give you clearance, but will my engine be lifted along with the body? Seems like a silly question, haven't found any info on the forums. I don't want to get a bodylift if it won't raise the engine. Thanks ya'll

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Nope. Engine mounted to frame. Body mounted to frame. Body is lifted off of frame.

I think you mean hydrolocked, not logged. And unless you draw water into the engine (only way way in), it won't hydrolock.

If you spend time in the deep water though you may want to flush out the differentials. Just in case water is entering through the diff vents.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Are you a 4x4? If so be careful letting water into the cab as it can kill your TCCM and then you loose your 4x4. A body lift will prevent that from getting wet as it's located in the cab under the drivers seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts