Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured I'd make a build thread to keep updating instead of a bunch of little threads since I'm bored right now.

Here it is on its first time in the mud after I bought it.

Here it is with my buddy's jeep on 31's stock suspension and no flares.

with flares

Finally lifted at NESM

And here's how it sits now.

Motor work is a throttle body and header with PCM tune and custom exhuast.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
not too shabby

every time i read your name i giggle a little :kiki:

·
Show / Work Truck Driven
616 Posts
nice

·
Big Brother Owner
1,808 Posts
Holy shit... What happened to being busy with school? Id be spending the time with the 355 too instead of school. lol. Looks awesome, looks good to without the smiley face covers

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Nice transformation!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mad Max look out

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what brand tb is that and whats the size?
It's a ported and polished factory throttlebody for the 5 cylinder like what supermod sells but it's next to the stock 2.8 throttle body which is probably why it looks so big.

Holy shit... What happened to being busy with school? Id be spending the time with the 355 too instead of school. lol. Looks awesome, looks good to without the smiley face covers
I'm busy with school but I get 3months to get cash and work on the truck :thumbup: although sometimes I spend a little to much on the truck instead of saving it like I probably should.

Thanks for the compliments guys I'll update when I finally get on a trail or get the winch installed instead of staring at it on my apartment floor.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
It's a ported and polished factory throttlebody for the 5 cylinder like what supermod sells but it's next to the stock 2.8 throttle body which is probably why it looks so big.

I'm busy with school but I get 3months to get cash and work on the truck :thumbup: although sometimes I spend a little to much on the truck instead of saving it like I probably should.

Thanks for the compliments guys I'll update when I finally get on a trail or get the winch installed instead of staring at it on my apartment floor.
welcome to the club. i have a full time job and i still spend money on the rig when i shouldnt. old man says i should invest in something that will earn alot of money.... but the truck is so much fun..... :shrug:

but i like your rig alot. i kinda liked the smiley face covers

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the good words man and your truck is definatly one of my favorites on the lifted side of thingsand the smiley covers go off and on i like it both ways and its easy to change.

So hows that trailblazer treating you opie?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I ran into a problem today trying to mount up the winch I can't get it back far enough to line up the holes to bolt it to the bumper because of the black support that runs vertically in the iddle of the grill do you think it's be ok If I cut a notch in it to acomidate for the bar in the winch in the pictures below?

·
Hybrid
5,842 Posts
Lookin' Good!!

If you do notch it, still needs a plate or some sort of reinforcement (mabye on the back side?).....that bar is the only thing that supports our already Cheesy Hood/Latch.

Almost There :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Lookin' Good!!

If you do notch it, still needs a plate or some sort of reinforcement (mabye on the back side?).....that bar is the only thing that supports our already Cheesy Hood/Latch.

Almost There :thumbup:
Thanks for the help Dents
The closer I get the more headaches I get haha I geuss I'm gonna have to notch it tomorrow no idea how I'm going to reinforce it though I don't have a welder or any ability to add a plate to the back I'm also still trying to figure out where to put the solenoid box. Well notched and test fitted it this morning and heres what I got it still seems pretty sturdy not my best work and not sure what I'm gonna do to strengthen it

1 - 20 of 113 Posts