Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Bohner's Build Thread

29K views 112 replies 37 participants last post by  Bohner 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I figured I'd make a build thread to keep updating instead of a bunch of little threads since I'm bored right now.

Here it is on its first time in the mud after I bought it.

Here it is with my buddy's jeep on 31's stock suspension and no flares.

with flares

Finally lifted at NESM

And here's how it sits now.

Motor work is a throttle body and header with PCM tune and custom exhuast.

See less See more
#32 ·
you should see it in person :naughty: its a pretty dedicated rig and it has the scratches to prove it, just needs lockers and it'll be pretty unstopable.

#34 ·
is that the stock jeep axles under it?

just weld the rear end and locker up front!!!

#35 ·
Well Guys I haven't been poking around here in a while with the holidays things started to slow down got out to Rausch again found some spots that need improving haha

Heres some shots for now I'll get more tomorrow since i didn't get any with my own camera
These are of me trying to get into fire pit I ran into a problem with my overload spring meeting a tree stump and hanging me up this was after the trans crossmember hung me up on another tree stump

Finally got a wheel off the ground

Improvements I definatly need is to get the sway bar off get more lift and do something about the trans xmember maybe a low pro one? for more ground clearance hopefully I can get the front high enough for SOA but i doubt it since i can't afford a full lift kit or SAS :cry: Some other things are rock sliders and relocating my spare tire since that drags a lot too if you have any info or suggestions feel free to leave them here I'll consider them when cash flows again after college is out for summer haha

#36 ·
Well I got a catch can here this is the setup installed

and heres what they are catching

#39 ·
Finally got the outer edges of that lower rad support painted up

And here's some flex now that I finally got the sway bar removed the rear tire is off the ground by maybe an inch

And here are some pics that i took on the way home from college for break

#41 ·
Some oil that's going into the intake valves mixed with condensation/moisture forced intot he PCV by blowby gases I may revise the setup of the catch cans though there is a large thread about it in the engine and drive train section, The title was thoughts on crankcase breather filters

#42 ·
Got it stuck there seems to be a pattern here... :lol:

The only real updates are HID headlights that have been in for a while now just haven't posted it I ordered some skids finally! and I'll be ordering the trail gear weld on recovery points for clevis shackles up front and maybe for the rear

#43 ·
So Remember that rear bumper dragging issue... well looks like I need a new rear bumper :lol:

Also got a trans cooler and did the ball joint flip tans cooler hopefully will get put on this week

Also some new turn signals and a recovery point that will now be used for my new rear bumper

#44 ·
damn nice man. keep it up. i loved my old truck. it was pretty close to yours.:yup:

#45 ·
Thanks man after looking at a pic of yours saved on my hard drive I've kind of been comtemplating duratracs for my next tire, although yours was a lot cleaner heres the only pic I've gotten of my truck from the whole day off someone so far I was a little nervous :ugh: first time that far off camber but I was fine.

#49 ·
Yea they rub in the back of the wheel well at full lock trying to find an easy way to stop it and yes they are KM2s can't wait to get them dirty :thumbup:

#51 ·
We'll I won't really see how good they are until june 26th hoping I don't get stuck :lol: looks like I'll be cutting the body mount. I had to hack out part of my wheel well plastic today since I messed it up you'll probably have to crank your bars and cut the mount to for 35s

#52 ·
Well Guys this is an easy mod I recommend to anyone I don't know how many people have realized how stupidly our ebrake cables are run but I ran them over the frame rail instead of under like they were before since I got hung up on them once.

I tried to keep it similar to the factory routing tot he other side I ran it along the gas tank xmember just on the front instead of the back of it like it was and the zip ties were trimmed after teh photo I also think it adds a cleaner look to the truck tucking them up

#53 ·
with the bjs flipped and my maxed crank at full lock i'm just over 2 inches from the mount. 315/75s are roughly 2 inches bigger so they'll only move 1 inch closer to my mount

#54 ·
Its the added width that will get you when you turn probably you might be able to get away with it though.
I had to cut my mounts with a 3in crank I still rub the fender :hulk: I may just try a 1in hockey puck lift to get it to stop but I'm afraid my headlight guards will block my turn signals, maybe 1/4in spacers on my lower bj's and another on my upper although I'm not sure I want to run and upper bj spacer our UCA isn't exactly the strongest piece out there.

#58 ·
Ooops! no more steering rack for now...
I know that spot. My ZR2 Blazer (much more clearance and shorter wheelbase) wouldn't consistently get over it. I'm impressed you tried.

#56 ·

Hopefully the new one will be here by the end of the week and installed soon

#60 ·
just an update threw some super sparks and ac delco iridiums in it smoothed out my idle and scored this off my room mate with some whoring

#63 ·
Just like anyone can scrape on carlisle's fairgrounds? :lol: Got a smaxx 1.5in body lift on it now

#64 ·
your really making it hard on me for selling my red truck. damn you!! good job though. looking really nice Alec!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.