Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my property has been a veritable warzone due to roofing installation, I figured I'd pass the time by doing a couple of Duplicolor-in-the-engine tests. (Completely off topic, btw, got the 9005s for my fogs, luuuuv the ridiculous brightness and range). I'm not particularly attached to any of these ideas, other than the VORTEC logo, but it was worth a day of goofin.

My first idea was using Duplicolor Mirage (that color-changey effect) on the plastic fuse box cover. Figured it could be a neat effect, going all red/blue/purple on plastic parts.

Verdict: The product works as advertised. In bright sunlight, it's def noticeable. But for a plastic engine cover part, it's FAIL city. I guess I was expecting it to be brighter. Maybe the product works better on smooth/shiny parts. Not going to pursue it further. A learning experience.

The second Duplicolor Boredom Project has to do with those paint pen/brushes for scratches. Picked up a black one to just have on hand, then got the idea to pick up other colors for the fan shield icons. I love icons. I'm a nerd. Sue me.

These are the first drafts. The triangle/exclamation point should be yellow, but the yellow pen I got was all janky and dried up.

And my fave, which I might pursue further:

I've looked everywhere for a replacement cover and/or painted covers that other people have done. Seriously, either no one has done it, or I've lost any and all Google-fu I had.

Oh, and don't let your ladies see you try this, they'll be all 'awwwww it's like you're putting nail polish on your truck's toes-ies!' YUK IT UP, WIMMINFOLK.

-Spin

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I painted some stuff under the hood

I tried the icons but the vortec is all i could make look good

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yea theres not too many pace blue trucks huh... thanks, but i kinda rushed it could have looked better

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I may do my valve cover here within the next few months

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I've contemplated painting my valve cover yellow, but I figured it would seem too ricey. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i'm thinking a metallic gray for my valve cover so its nice and suttle

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I've contemplated painting my valve cover yellow, but I figured it would seem too ricey. :shrug:
Paint it red and then you will have a JDM motor :lmaop:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the Idea, I painted some stuff last night. Sorry for the bad pics, my phone doesn't do well at night.

Nice, I thought of a single color but I'm too much of an icon nerd. They'd be all straight up iPhone icons if I could get away with it. /dork

1 - 19 of 19 Posts