Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
found on you tube. how to bore out your titan wheels

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
wonder if that would work on SS wheels hmmm

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont see why it wont^^^

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanx MC

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
wonder if that would work on SS wheels hmmm
Don't even think about it Code!

I've seen this done before but wow is that ghetto. I mean yea it will work i suppose but the difference is at a machine shop they use a billet cutter of some sort of precision tool that will machine these nice and round and will ensure the wheels are exactly hub centeric thus minimizing potential runout problems such as vibrations and out of balance conditions.

I've also seen those hardbody folks use 4 inch hole saw bits to do it. Kudos for the guts but i'd rather bite the bullet and get a good job done expecially since my safety is at stake.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
DOUBLE POST NOOB!!!!!!!111111111

That is pretty nifty...one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments...
double post lol once here and once there

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Don't even think about it Code!

I've seen this done before but wow is that ghetto. I mean yea it will work i suppose but the difference is at a machine shop they use a billet cutter of some sort of precision tool that will machine these nice and round and will ensure the wheels are exactly hub centeric thus minimizing potential runout problems such as vibrations and out of balance conditions.

I've also seen those hardbody folks use 4 inch hole saw bits to do it. Kudos for the guts but i'd rather bite the bullet and get a good job done expecially since my safety is at stake.
You just dont want another colorado with SS wheels on the board ;-)

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I have done some boring on 99-04 S-10 Xtreme rims to fit on the larger 94-97 axle / rotor with my dremel never had a problem and ran them for over 2 years. Howm much difference is there in the colorado/canyon size than the Titan Ecalade or even SS rims?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Fullsize GMs have 80mm hub bores, Colys, Hardbodys and early 2000 Frontier/Xterras all have 100mm bore.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
:yeahthat:

It amounts to a little under an inch difference in diameter.

I'm kind of mixed on this. It works I suppose, but I don't know if I'd want to do it. :shrug:

i paid 10 bux a wheel to do my escalades. Worth the 40 buxs to have sumone else do it!!
Most shops will charge way more than $40 to do a full set of wheels. I think the average is between $150-200. There are always exceptions though, some have paid more and some have paid less.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i thought are centered by the lugnuts...yeah let them flaming begin :D...but arent they an acorn type lug nut...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
yeah i work for a dealership so the wheel company that fixes the tire shops wheels hooked me up! 10 buxs a wheel. and yes they are the accorned lug nuts. mine are bored a lil big, and sense the lugs are acorn shaped, the center them selfs

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
yeah i work for a dealership so the wheel company that fixes the tire shops wheels hooked me up! 10 buxs a wheel. and yes they are the accorned lug nuts. mine are bored a lil big, and sense the lugs are acorn shaped, the center them selfs
So this would make the wheels lug centric. I prefer hub centric for ultimate minimal runout.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts