Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 100% want to get a borla but i cant figure witch one to get. Can anyone link me to one or give input on how they sound, i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick responce :)! Is there any mufflers i could get by them instead of a catback kit?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Thank you for your quick responce :)! Is there any mufflers i could get by them instead of a catback kit?
You may want to consider a regular cab kit as the muffler & tail pipe sections are the same length and it's just the intermediate tube that's longer before the muffler.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup have the borla gmpp kit and this is the best out there.

You could buy the other kit from borla and just have a shop make the changes needed for pipe length. Muffler case lengths are all the same.

Or yes order the borla pro xs muffler. Just order it the same case length as stock.

I posted under the exhaust form what the borla cat back sounds like on the I5.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Here's all the part numbers for the GMPP Borla kits & tips if you can still find them.

COLORADO/CANYON SINGLE OUTLET CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEMS
Instructions: These GM Performance Parts Cat-back exhaust systems are sold without exhaust tips. Select the correct Cat-back system...then choose the personalized tip that fits your style!
17800781 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon RC Cat-Back Exhaust System - Performance Single Outlet, Production Location
17800780 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon RC Cat-Back Exhaust System - Touring Single Outlet, Production Location
17800783 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon EC & CC Cat-Back Exhaust System - Performance Single Outlet, Production Location
17800782 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon EC & CC Cat-Back Exhaust System - Touring Single Outlet, Production Location

COLORADO/CANYON EXHAUST TIPS
Note: These GM Performance Parts exhaust tips are not designed to fit production exhaust systems and should only be used with GM Performance Parts Cat-back exhaust systems.
19155550 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado Exhaust Tip, Bowtie Logo, Single Wall, Angle Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location
19155552 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado Exhaust Tip, Bowtie Logo, Dual Wall, Straight Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location
19155554 2004-06 Chevrolet Colorado Exhaust Tip, Bowtie Logo, Dual Wall, Angle Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location
19155551 2004-06 GMC Canyon Exhaust Tip, GMC Logo, Single Wall, Angle Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location
19155553 2004-06 GMC Canyon Exhaust Tip, GMC Logo, Dual Wall, Straight Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location
19155555 2004-06 GMC Canyon Exhaust Tip, GMC Logo, Dual Wall, Angle Cut, Polished Single Outlet, Production Location

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love that deep sound. Rshadd im going to buy the same one as you thank you for the part number!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Keep in mind the exhaust system kits are a factory direct fit and the universal Pro-XS muffler is much shorter than stock with no hanger mounts attached.

You may be able to purchasing the universal muffler for around a hundred bucks only to find it will cost as much as the complete system to have a muffler shop install it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Freeballin thank you for your advice. That was something i overlooked. Thankfully my brother inlaw owns a shop to install it. But the extra hardware i did not consider. Thank you guys!

·
5,959 Posts
Keep in mind the exhaust system kits are a factory direct fit and the universal Pro-XS muffler is much shorter than stock with no hanger mounts attached.

You may be able to purchasing the universal muffler for around a hundred bucks only to find it will cost as much as the complete system to have a muffler shop install it.

I guess it depends the Place you live. It cost me $50 to get my borla muffler welded in, and im not even friends with the shop.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I guess it depends the Place you live. It cost me $50 to get my borla muffler welded in, and im not even friends with the shop.
I'd be curious to know how they welded your stainless muffler to your mild steel exhaust and if they used the existing hanger locations without adding length to the pipes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can use steel wire to weld to stainless it will just rust around the weld and where the pipe is.

When I did my borla gmpp cat backi used the supplied hard wear but because you have to add your tip they built a custom piece for me out of 300 stainless steel.

In my case with removal of the magnaflow system and replacing it with the gmpp kit was about $300 out the door.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts