Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Depends on what truck. But with a 9" wheel I'm sure you want at least 265 wide.

Look at different tires from the manufacturer web site and see what tires is meant for a 9" wide wheel. I'm fairly certain a 245 tire is too skinny for a 9" wheel. Perhaps in a 40 series tire, a 9" wide is okay. But the manufacture of the tire will give you accurate info.

Again, depends on your truck and what size overall diameter you want.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A 245/40-18 is about 25.7" tall. Probably shorter than your stock tire.

I'm going to take a guess and say your current stock size is 225 wide but I can't begin to guess at what the height is. With a tire about an inch wider with a similar backspace it is likely to fit, but I can't say for sure.

Here is a website to help you learn about tire sizes and backspace.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll have to take a look at the truck during lunch to confirm the current sizes. There is a high chance these wheels will go a deep bronze color. Might try some plastic dip to experiment.

The rims on my drz are a shade between black and bronze and I have come to really like it. Fellow riders comment on now nice they are and different. So that may be the theme I may go with this set.

Update.. I got a chance to head out to the truck and see what's the factory size it it now. I'm running a 15x6 steel wheel with a 205/70/15. As soon as the wheels get in I'll get them on and see where the lip comes out to. If buddy cn chime in with what he runs and how they fit in relation to the fender would be great. Man... I need to stop typing on the phone and use the laptop at home. My English isn't what it should be!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a chance to day to compare the tire setups on RimsnTires... That website is really useful.

if I run a 275 all around. I will be stick out approx 1.6 inches further than my factory steel wheels. it looks SO close.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts