Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BPi Flow Stack Info and Before and After Dyno Comparison.

PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS

• BPi's Web Site CLICK HERE
  • Price For Flow Stack $49.90
  • Using the Flow stack basically improves overall engine airflow and boost's both efficiency and torque.It was designed to reduce boundary layer disturbance as high velocity air enters the intake path and heads towards the throttle body.
  • Injection molded from PA66 Glass-filled Nylon, the same material family used for GM, Ford and others for radiator caps, induction systems, intake manifolds and other engine bay components.
  • Light weight design reduces overall weight compared to metal counter- parts and reduces mechanical stress on existing air induction system and mounts.
  • Each Flow Stack is optimized for use with specific K&N filters to maximize flow rates. K&N Filter Part Number RF-1048.
  • The use of Nylon significantly reduces heat soak, or the amount of heat absorbed by the velocity stack and then transferred to the air.
  • The Flow Stack is universal in application, limited only by the space requirements of the air filter and the ability to couple the Flow Stack to your air induction system.
Pictures of the Flow Stack.

Dyno Chart and Video Info
  • The Dyno used was an in ground DynoJet.
  • Vehicle Used- 2004 Chevy Colorado ZQ8, 2wd, Auto, 373 Gears with 37,000 Miles. Gibson Single Exhaust, Denso Iridium Plugs and my ECU was tuned by Stocker2.
  • BLUE Dyno Run- Airaid Intake(Filter/Air Box Lid) and the Trueflow Intake Pipe.
  • GREEN Dyno Run- Airaid Intake(Filter/Air Box Lid), Trueflow Intake Pipe and BPi Flow Stack(No Filter).
  • You can see the hp gains made by just installing a Flow Stack onto an existing intake set up. Please note that running the correct K&N filter with the Flow Stack does not take hp away. This has been dyno proven and there is no hp lose buy running a filter or not running a filter with the Flow Stack.

Info, Pricing and Ordering can be found here at BP initiatives or by calling Hybridynamics at (724)925-2660 ask for Denis and tell him Dave Brewer sent ya.

Big Thanks to my good friends Denis, Jay and Eric at Hybrid for letting me use there dyno.
Hybridynamics
317 S. 4th St.
Youngwood, PA 15697
(724)925-2660

K&N use's there own design of the flow stack on both intakes that they offer for the colorado. Pictured below is a comparison of the BPi Flow Stack and the K&N version. They both accept the same 6" ID K&N Filer but the outlet of the BPi is 3" and the outlet of the K&N is 4".

K&N on the left and BPI on the right.

K&N on the left and BPI on the right.

K&N

BPI

**Note you will need to buy a coupler to clamp the Flow Stack to your stock air box or intake.**

Flow Stack to Air Box Filter Flange 3" to 3 1/2"
Flow Stack to AEM Intake 3" to ?
Flow Stack to K&N FIPK 3" to ?
Flow Stack to K&N 77 Series 3" to ?

If using the Flow Stack with a K&N system do not buy the filter for the BPi Flow Stack. You can reuse your K&N filter that originally came with your K&N Intake Kit

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
So wait... this is different then the part the comes with the K&N intake right? It looks very similar to what comes with the intake kit.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. The k&n stack doesnt have a full radius like the bpi stack thats one diffrence. The second is the opening of the k&n stack I beleave is bigger its like 4" instead of 3" I will check on that today.

I would only aspect a little increase by changing out the k&n for the bpi. I was going to dyno this but my truck broke first. But for aem owners and you guys modding stock air boxes this would make a big diffrence. The k&n system actuley use's the filter needed for the bpi stack so the guys running k&n's wont need to buy another filter.

I know for a fact I could have gotten more hp out of the stack if I had HP Tuners to correct my A/F. By adding the stack on it actuley leaned my A/F out and if I could add the fuel back I know I would have got another 5-8 hp out of it. I will get the a/f readout from the dyno run to show you guys what I mean on monday.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Very interested! But that website isn't working? or at least not for me. what's the cost on them and how's the install?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Natually I'd like to get both but I'm tryin to be budget with this. Considering the small HP gain with a muffler, would it be a better Idea to get this instead?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Brewer... so would purchasing one of these help my current K&N setup or would it be minimal at best?

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Natually I'd like to get both but I'm tryin to be budget with this. Considering the small HP gain with a muffler, would it be a better Idea to get this instead?
I would say the v-stack/filter/no air box lid or box lid and cold air tubes run and replace the the stock tube from the air box to the throttle body would show you more gains that just adding a muffler. You can allways add the muffler later.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brewer... so would purchasing one of these help my current K&N setup or would it be minimal at best?

I would say minimal since the stacks are pretty close. But its hard to say untill its dyno'ed. Like I said before aem owners/cheap ebay intakes and modded air box guys are going to see the most hp.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Nice.....

What's the deal with "Additional Installation Parts required"? Or should I just get the assembly they offer? Looks like it'd come with everything then....

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice.....

What's the deal with "Additional Installation Parts required"? Or should I just get the assembly they offer? Looks like it'd come with everything then....
Ill get back to you. I need to remesure the lip for the filter inside the stock air box. I think you need a 3" to 3 1/2 connector. They only offer a 3" to 3" connector on there site.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Ah. Yea, let me know. I'll pick one up when I get the rest of the parts to go from the box to the TB.

And if I run without a lid, how much gain will I see from that JTR kit? or do you only use that kit if you keep the airbox lid on? Seems like with the lid off, all that "Cold Air" would just escape before it got to the filter. I don't wanna spend the money if it's not gonna help.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea, it just seems like If I run with the lid off, it would kind of defeat the purpose or trying to feed the box with the jtr kit. I'll have to find some guys running it and get some testimonial.

You think Home Depot or somewhere like that would have that coupler? I've never bought anything off ebay.....

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
God, that site is starting to piss me off....

I started a thread asking if running with the lid off defeats the purpose of "ram air/cold air" and instead of answering my question in one short sentence, Sab directs me to a fucking 40 page thread and I had to hunt through it. Thanks for the help dickhead....:jerkit:

but yea, to achive the full ram air effect the setup has to be sealed.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updated my first post with the coupler info. Home depot mignt have one for pluming you could use. Pepboys and autozone might to. ALot of places carry couplers. Summit has them.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Shizzle. I'll look around. Do these couplers HAVE to be silicone? or can they be made from other materials?

Maybe I'll see if parts stores carry that filter too. Summit has it for $43....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts