Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what might be wrong on my Colorado? I just rotated the tires and then when I was pulling out of the drive the Brake symbol lit up and above my mileage it started flashing FLUID. I checked my brake fluid and it was full. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Check the ABS wire to make sure you didn't damage one when you pulled the front wheels. The cable is affixed to the UCA. It's a long shot but you may have grabbed it accidentally. Or bumped it, or who knows......

I don't believe that would display 'fluid' though...but it may have interrupted the communications to the wheel speed sensor.

That's a start anyway.

·
Registered
362 Posts
had mine come on a couple times but only did it when i was at a pretty steep angle i topped off the fluids no lights since

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Check the connector to the fluid level switch on the brake master cylinder. It's also possible that the switch is bad. The part number is 18012741 and is available at the Dealer for about $18. RockAuto has them for $8.51 + shipping. Amazon's price is $12.37. The switch can be changed without losing fluid from the reservoir. You will need a tool to remove the retaining clip. The Service Manual recommends bent tip needle nose pliers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts