Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't about bagging but I am wondering if anyone can take pictures and mearusments of the brake booster bolt pattern?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The later 09+ brake boosters have different positioned mounting studs to accommodate the larger bore master cylinder which uses horizontal bolt pattern, while the earlier style has a diagonal bolt pattern. I believe the firewall mounting is the same at 3-1/8 across and 2-3/8 high bolt pattern. Also the new GM brake boosters come with an aluminum spacer plate and all the mounting gaskets.

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my discovery of the horizontal pattern on the newer trucks is what started my trek on this.

I'm doing rear disks on the back right now and swapping out to 09 fronts so it makes sense to finish off the system so I can have brakes under boost and near idle (cammed)

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
In for this info, I want to switch to the 09 upfront and know that I'll need a better brake booster for the disc brakes in the rear. Let me know what you come up with Cory

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I have thought about an 09+ master too. You have to change the booster to use the later master cylinder. I have the 09+ master cylinder just need to get the booster. Question...does the booster bolt to the firewall the same?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
They use the same firewall bolt pattern, so an 09+ booster will fit the earlier trucks.
Hey great to know man. I will go ahead and get me a 09+ booster and upgrade it too along with the brake setup. I have all the brake parts and master so I'll get a booster to complete the swap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts