I think its about time to do mine

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
I think it's about time for mine too.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I did it on Connies truck. Not that bad for the most part. Still a PITA though. Took me around two hours. I think the worst part was getting the stupid drums off, lol. The weird thing about our brakes is that they are reversed from any other rear brake setup I have seen.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
In theory if I can do the front and rear brakes on the mustang by myself I can do this. In theory.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm doing mine next weekend, but I have had both the calipers and drums off for painting. Looks to be about the same PITA ass as any other truck I've done.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
In theory if I can do the front and rear brakes on the mustang by myself I can do this. In theory.
Disc brakes are a wee bit easier than drum brakes, but as long as you pay attention to how things come apart and are reasonably mechanically inclined you should be fine. I was only 15 the first time I changed out a set of shoes, my first car had 4 wheel drums. :lol:

I do really need to check mine, I've been saying that for the past 10,000 miles. :lol:

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
I've never attempted drum brakes yet on any vehicle. I may require Mr. Sable's assistance on this one.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i remember a shop saying a year ago they were paper thin but wanted like $250 to change them lol

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have a HowTo on here. Hardest part is the parking brake cable and the fucking horseshoe spring.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Yes, the shoes are thin when brand new!

3/16" thin to be exact

The side I started with took me about an hour. The second side was done in less than 10 minutes :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol so they tried to screw me

i started hearing some squeaking form the rear of the truck this week that goes away when I brake

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
The horse-shoe spring is best handled with a pair of locking pliers

·
Registered
125 Posts
screw mustang brakes in the rear... i hate those threaded piston's... what a PITA...

but ya you should be able to do your trucks no problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts