Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a after market radio in a 2005 Chevy Colorado would that cause the braking system to malfunction

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
No. Unless you have cables wrapped around the brake pedal. With drum brakes, every time you reverse, the shoes are adjusted tighter. If you do a lot of reversing, they may be over-tightened this causing the lock up. If your front brakes are locking up, you may have gravel in the pads/caliper or the pads are toast and they're digging into the rotors

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Unless you have cables wrapped around the brake pedal. With drum brakes, every time you reverse, the shoes are adjusted tighter. If you do a lot of reversing, they may be over-tightened this causing the lock up. If your front brakes are locking up, you may have gravel in the pads/caliper or the pads are toast and they're digging into the rotors

Ok well ive put in hundreds of stereos never messing with the wiring for the stereos ever make the brakes lock up but then again it's a 5 cylinders and I never new they even excited so maybe the u push the power button makes your truck to stop 😂😂

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
I've installed dozens of systems in these first generation trucks and never had that brake issue lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya well that's good to know cause my friend called me up asking what I do. To the brakes lol I said unless the wires r connected to the brakes I didnt do anything I said I might if hit the emergency break when moving around in there but other then that not my fault ya so I had to make sure. In those trucks. Never now now a days 🤯🤪

1 - 5 of 5 Posts