763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after i put the new rims on when i hit the brakes start to chatter, i mean

alot. it didnt do this before with the stockers on. when the wheels where

shipped that came with the hub rings becasue the hub of the rim was to

large and that fill's the gap in between, but i only got 3. so one is missing

and on the back and that is where i can feel the shaking coming from when

brakes are applied.

could just that hub ring really make everything out of wack that much? i have no idea.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure did fix the problem!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
It makes sense that the clips cause problems, but I would have thought it'd be just a normal vibration and not a brake pulsing feeling. Maybe it's allowing the brake rotor to move since it's only being held in those two spots? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It makes sense that the clips cause problems, but I would have thought it'd be just a normal vibration and not a brake pulsing feeling. Maybe it's allowing the brake rotor to move since it's only being held in those two spots? :shrug:
exactly, the drum flexes because of uneven torque.

factory wheels have cutouts and bends around these. its not just GM's its almost all domestics.

·
Registered
587 Posts
good to know, the zq8 wheels are gonna be here later this week, and the hubs will also be to big, are you running without the rings?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
as long as you have lugs with a tapered seat then hub centric rings are a waste of time/money.

they dont take any of the load of the wheel studs/lugs, and with the correct lug nuts the wheel can only be centered anyways.

the majority of vehicles on the road dont use hub centric wheels, its not necassary when your truck weights 5000lbs at best and has 6 wheel studs.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to know, the zq8 wheels are gonna be here later this week, and the hubs will also be to big, are you running without the rings?
yea i do have the rings in, only becasue they came with them. what ever it was it was very violent lol, it felt like it was wheel hopping in the colorado ahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts