Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I can't take it anymore...my drivers side is scrubbing on every little dip in the road. Is there a way to put a spacer or something in to just raise the driver's side up to match the passenger side? Maybe .5" or .75".

I really don't want to buy new tires right now and I like how my 5 series fill up the wheel well with my 3" drop in front, so to drop down to a 40 series would solve the problem but not look how I want it too.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i have some beltech spring spacers i'll sell ya.

they're 5/16" each, I have 3

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well shit...I just found what I needed on Belltech's website...I wonder how much the 1" spring distance spacers are?

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Spacer will work.....I wouldnt buy the 1" one I would buy the set of 3 or 4 that makes 1 inch so that you can use the least amount of spacer possible to get rid of the scrubbing.

Or move your battery to the bed and it should take some weight off that side or drive from the passenger side lol

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Have you done the wheel well mod? Take out battery and pound the inner fender in a little to gain travel. I know there is a thread on this at ccfans. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What causes the rubbing on the driver's side and not on the passenger's side is the fact that the inner fender is actually depressed from inside the engine bay. It's not a perfect semi-circle.

If your truck is currently level, the best way to get rid of the rubbing is to hammer that depression out from the inside of the wheel well.

I did mine and it cured quite a bit of it, but I also didn't hammer it all out.

I got tired and it's a really awkward position to be hammering. lol.

I've read a little heat helps ease it, but you'll have to remove your battery and clear the harness that runs over that fender so you don't burn or melt anything.

[EDIT]: Ron beat me to it!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What causes the rubbing on the driver's side and not on the passenger's side is the fact that the inner fender is actually depressed from inside the engine bay. It's not a perfect semi-circle.

If your truck is currently level, the best way to get rid of the rubbing is to hammer that depression out from the inside of the wheel well.

I did mine and it cured quite a bit of it, but I also didn't hammer it all out.

I got tired and it's a really awkward position to be hammering. lol.

I've read a little heat helps ease it, but you'll have to remove your battery and clear the harness that runs over that fender so you don't burn or melt anything.

[EDIT]: Ron beat me to it!! :lol:
Did you remove your battery to hammer without heat???

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Yes remove battery and inner fender well. Youll see a rectangle hump, do a little at a time, avoid deforming the fender well in the engine compartment were the battery goes. I used a dead blow, but any hammer would work. Aslo dont bang a hole thru it either. Ill see if I can find the post.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet...will be picking one up SOON. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll be hitting you up for those spacers, Brian!

Thanks, guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts