Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had a 2 week old water pump... literally break into pieces? Resized_20210319_083420.jpeg I installed this water pump in my sons 07 and two weeks later, I come home to this. Pics attached. I installed another one last week along with a new fan clutch and new bolts, as the other ones were bent. He called me yesterday saying its making the same noise. So its probably done it again.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Either POS part (I always buy ACDelco/OEM) and/or you really unevenly or over torqued it. At least the fix is straight forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either POS part (I always buy ACDelco/OEM) and/or you really unevenly or over torqued it. At least the fix is straight forward.
I already put another one on it, along with a fan clutch. He called me two days ago and said it making the same noise again. Im out of town right now so idk. I was wondering if maybe a bent fan may be doing it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Fan is plastic...but maybe the pulley is not true - was the truck ever in a front end accident? Check the idler pulleys and the tensioner pivot for the noise source as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Follow torque specs closely for those water pump bolts. I also recommend a new belt, tensor pulley, idler “bearing/wheel” to ensure everything is happy. It’s a small amount of money and your already there.
Also agree with Delco or Gates only. I’ve always used gates and never had an issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts