Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '06 Xtreme has the beloved Hyper Silvers on it. I understand that these wheels are particularly sought after. I've even had a couple members here make passes at them, to no avail of course.

The thing is, their age, the weather & my driving have not been good to them. Most have some pits on them, I managed to curb-rash one whilst witnessing a domestic dispute and the last one actually has the finish de-laminating from the wheel itself! So, I found a very reputable powdercoat shop here in town, and I'm thinking about doing the STi Bronze.

Thoughts? Has anyone else done this? Pretty sure I'd be the only one around here with it. Is it sacrilegious to powdercoat a set of Hypers?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do it! What color is your truck?
Black! I think it would look custom, but classy. Another thing bothering me is the sun has caused the wheels & centercaps to mismatch :/

And truthfully, I don't think I'd ever even consider bronze if it was a different color.

·
Registered
403 Posts
To bad to hear of the damage to the wheels as they are very sought after for sure. I'd say if the finish is a bad as you say, combined with the other issues you mentioned I'd get them done asap. Likely would look pretty good.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Do it

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
so, umm....

what are you waiting for?
Your photoshop skills might persuade him one way or the other.

I personally like the idea. If the wheels need a new finish, why not :shrug:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't do it.
I was waiting for that. I was really on the fence with doing the bronze or just having him respray the Hyper Silver, since we don't see too many of them. I'm still not 100%. Are you not a fan of the bronze, Mr. Shad, sir?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
I don't really care for the Hyper silver so I say do it. I just don't get the hype? :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
LOL... Do whatever you want.

One of the reason I said "no" was because everyone else said "yes".

I think the hyper-silver extremes are a great looking wheel just the way they are. If you ever decide to sell them, I think you'll kill the resale value and limit the appeal of anyone wanting the hyper-silvers.

Again, it's your truck, so do what YOU like and don't worry about what me or anyone else says.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
They are coming out with a ton of colors now, you can even get pearl and metal flake powders to mix with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts