1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I think they look good on the lifted trucks. My wifes best friend, a pretty lady, just got a 07 decked out quad cab, orange. Looks good, she wanted to lift it soon, I should make sure she buys one of these.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they look good on the lifted trucks. My wifes best friend, a pretty lady, just got a 07 decked out quad cab, orange. Looks good, she wanted to lift it soon, I should make sure she buys one of these.
See my only thing is I won't be able to lift it for a very long time. And if you look at the two non-lifted trucks in the auction it doesn't look as good. I can't decide if it's the color or what.

P

·
0 Posts
See my only thing is I won't be able to lift it for a very long time. And if you look at the two non-lifted trucks in the auction it doesn't look as good. I can't decide if it's the color or what.
you're right. I love this brushguard, but i dont know if it will look good, me not being lifted and all. :shrug: photochop time!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
im not a huge fan of them.....if you go with it i would def wait until you get it lifted....

·
Registered
118 Posts
that truck looks pretty tuff !

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had one on my truck before it went up to WA. i liked it alot. and the side guard things over the lights come off, so its really not as hard as you think. anywho, i think you should get it, it gives the truck a whole different attitude.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you do get it though, i do not, repeat, DO NOT recommend running it up on a approach... apparently metal bends under pressure. who knew?? haha.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i dont like the way it takes clearance to mount it as i hangs below the bumper so much. that is why it looks good on the lifted truck and not as good as on the stock ones. in my opinion

·
Registered
619 Posts
Personally I would not touch that grill guard. I deal with maniks, and big country, day in and day out at work. All that is is a damage multiplier. They are thin and weak and will do nothing to protect in case of a accident. If you want a heavy duty one I would check out monsterbumpers out of New Braunsfels Texas, or go custom route.

Get what you pay for go towards protection as it goes for suspension. I'm am not trying to be a thorn in your side here. I would just like a fellow mini trucker to be properly protected :355:

P

·
0 Posts
Personally I would not touch that grill guard. I deal with maniks, and big country, day in and day out at work. All that is is a damage multiplier. They are thin and weak and will do nothing to protect in case of a accident. If you want a heavy duty one I would check out monsterbumpers out of New Braunsfels Texas, or go custom route.

Get what you pay for go towards protection as it goes for suspension. I'm am not trying to be a thorn in your side here. I would just like a fellow mini trucker to be properly protected :355:
Monsterbumpers has one and a pic of one for a colorado!!!!!!:bang:

I like the style on this one though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you all would like to wait. I will be making a bull nose for my truck. Based off the bull nose Ranch Hand makes for the jeep wranglers. Also a rear bumper based from the rear wrangler bumper. The rear I should have by Jan. It looks pretty sick.

The rear works with just new brackets, the bull nose though will take some work gotta make it 6 inches wider and lose the skirts on it. Plus i'm making to where the winch would still be an option to bolt on it :355:

P

·
0 Posts
If you all would like to wait. I will be making a bull nose for my truck. Based off the bull nose Ranch Hand makes for the jeep wranglers. Also a rear bumper based from the rear wrangler bumper. The rear I should have by Jan. It looks pretty sick.

The rear works with just new brackets, the bull nose though will take some work gotta make it 6 inches wider and lose the skirts on it. Plus i'm making to where the winch would still be an option to bolt on it :355:

i like that bull nose concept, make sure you keep us updated, i would really be interested in the bull nose bumper, see how it turns out.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I say dont do it. I seen one in person and it was kinda gay. Makes it seem like your trying to make the truck bigger then it is.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the only problem with the grillgaurd is it kills your approach clearance...i didn't know how it mounted till i had bought mine, n' i almost regret it because i have to drive soo much more carefully on hills (maybe one day i will be able to afford a 5" lift to remedy the problem)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts