Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Looks good to me....but maybe I'm biased? :p

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm stalled at the moment.
Waiting to learn if driveshaftshop.com can make the half-shafts.

Had to buy a remanufactured Colorado front shaft from a 4wd model and ship to them so they can determine if they have tooling to cut splines in that pattern.
They've had the shaft for almost a week. Should have an answer any day now.

After I had purchased the Colorado axle Lnhiv explained to me that the +04 Silverados use the same hub/bolt-pattern as the 355, so if they don't have the tooling for Colorado splines then I can buy a Silverado axle and ship to them to try.

Didn't know when I began this that my independent rear assembly would depend on whether that shop can make axles for me.
Tad at driveshaftshop.com (in Salisbury, N.C.) seemed pretty confident though that they would have the necessary tooling.

Gotta take my '05 crew into Carolina Rod Shop this week so they can service her, then the '08 goes in for them to get started on the front end rebuild.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Here's hoping for the best at least! Maybe a Christmas miracle?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
2 threads and still no pictures yet WTF OVER :hulk:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2 threads and still no pictures yet WTF OVER :hulk:
Pics today.
Not much to see yet. Just the plainest little white stripper model, as I received it from the dealer.

I've decided that I'll be selling my '05 crew at some point to help finance this build.
That wasn't an easy decision for me, and only last week I took a look at the book value on my crew... ouch. Don't know what I expected though, for an '05 with 160K on the clock.
(remainder of this post transplanted to my build thread)

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
At 160k, your better off keeping it IMO

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At 160k, your better off keeping it IMO
Understood..

I gotta make the project my priority though and I won't be able to afford either the time or cost to maintain the '05 any longer. I know I'm repeating myself here, but the '08 project is my final bid to keep the 355 platform on the road for another 10 years.
I'm not prepared to maintain two examples of an out-of-production platform.

And my situation that enabled me for the first time in years to keep two vehicles flipped on me, so it may not be practical for me now for some time.
And, I haven't had a car in years. If my situation does change again to permit two vehicles, I want a car of some sort.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's hoping for the best at least! Maybe a Christmas miracle?
I think it's gonna take more than a Christmas miracle to make this all come together, but if Santa has any fab skills and wants to get his hands dirty, he's more than welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts